Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS 250mW Red / 130mW Blu-Ray Burning Lasers

UPDATE: NO LONGER SELLING COMPLETE LASER BUILDS - However I do sell a very nice HOST that makes it very easy to assemble a laser. Simply connect the wires to the diode pressed in aixiz head and tighten the set screw. These Red and Blu-Ray hosts are very sleek and comfortable in your hand. The hosts are very nicely machined with four colors to choose from. The laser is powered by 2 rechargeable CR2 batteries and is drivin by the famous Rkcstr Micro-Drive. The driver is protected within a "capsule" to protect it and the wires from being twisted or broken/shorted. The drivers will be preset to any current you choose. Default current will be 250mW for Red and 130mW for Blu-Ray. You also have the choice of either a black or silver lanyard. The pot is even accessable for adjustments.

$75 Shipped WORLD WIDE
That includes:
Choice of BLACK BLUE RED or SILVER host
Choice of BLACK or SILVER lanyard
2x Rechargeable CR2 Batteries
Rkcstr Driver Preset to any current.
Custom machined heatsink
Easy STEP by STEP Pictorial.

You can buy Red modules here
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40389 $13 shipped
http://hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2 $23.38

You can buy Blu-Ray modules here
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40389 $13 shipped
http://hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4 $23.38

You can usually search around the forum and find them for $17 sometimes cheaper.

I have to figure out if I'm allowed to sell modules along with my hosts. Someone please fill me in if you ACTUALLY know.

Pics of the kit:
host1.jpg

host2.jpg

host3.jpg

host4.jpg

Pics after you install the module:
BlueRayDemo1.jpg

BlueRayDemo2.jpg

BlueRayDemo3.jpg

BlueRayDemo4.jpg

BlueRayDemo5.jpg

BlueRayDemo6.jpg

BlueRayDemo7.jpg

Video:

*Don't let my post count fool you. I have already done business with a hand full of reputable people on this forum: heruursciences, scopeguy20, rckstr, drlava, john_lawson, mohrenberg, jake21, and jayrob.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 8382

They seem really good but the price... Well it's not high at all but compared to Jake21 its 30$ more

EDIT: DO NOT BUY FROM JAKE, SEE MY POST IN REVIEW SECTION

Last edited by a moderator:
They seem really good but the price... Well it's not high at all but compared to Jake21 its 30$ more
Is he still selling them? He was practically giving them away. They are very nice builds though, I don't have Jake's but I have one from Matt and in my opinion my design looks more elegant and feels firmer in my hand. Here's a size comparison.

Attachments

• matts.JPG
    matts.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,981

jake21

nice build... i was working on some after seeing the other guy review on that host

Is he still selling them? He was practically giving them away. They are very nice builds though, I don't have Jake's but I have one from Matt and in my opinion my design looks more elegant and feels firmer in my hand. Here's a size comparison.

why is the module sticking out so far on the coleman??

i thought focus to infinity is all the way screwed in?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that focusing to infinity is where you get the same size dot no matter how far away. When you get the beam as straight as possible. With the loc and that aixis glass lens that point is about the 1/2 way point. Now with the blu-ray, I know they are screwed in much closer.

i have seen this guys builds they are top notch he actually came over and metered a few lasers the other day... and he threw my name out there too i thought i was a hood rat lol just kidding whatsup adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that focusing to infinity is where you get the same size dot no matter how far away. When you get the beam as straight as possible. With the loc and that aixis glass lens that point is about the 1/2 way point. Now with the blu-ray, I know they are screwed in much closer.
Not quite. Focusing to infinity is where you get the minimum size dot at very large distances. The dot size in that case will be determined by the optical properties of your system and the wave nature of light. There is a minimum divergence that you can't get below, so the dot will get bigger with distance; typical values for lasers as discussed here would be ~0.5mrad for red and BR and ~1mrad for green.

the blue and the red

Very cool build, I like they are in similar hosts of diff colors. cudos dude !

Best regards Pyro...

I would purchase one of these lasers, but you don't ship to the US...I'm just wondering why.
-Nick

I would purchase one of these lasers, but you don't ship to the US...I'm just wondering why.
-Nick
It has come to my attention that it is illegal to sell these in the united states. Untill I figure out what I can and can't sell it will stay like this.