Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays

Re: FS: >110mW Blu-Rays - available

I really liked it,the color is very unique,it's difficult to focus your eyes on the dot,even more at a distance,which makes focusing to infinity weird,at close range too,but to infinity is worse,it never seens to be really focused :p.About the build quality I have nothing to add,the reviews already talked about that,it's just perfect,the only thing is that my host(which I knew before arriving)is a tight fit for protected cells,I have to remove it from the top,but I have no problem with that.The lens cap glows much more than I imagined,you can really use it as a flashlight if needed,and it spreads the light all over the place.Oh and now I also have protected cells,it arrived before the laser :p

Between,I think dogs can see 405nm better than we do,I put it near him outside during day and with a big dot,I could almost not see it but he just got crazy chasing it(yes I know it's dangerous for dogs,that's why I used with a really big dot,so there is no problem if I hit him on the eye,although I'm still careful about not doing it).

IgorT

Again.. I never actually remembered to tell you, but i did NOT give you the SAIK host, which is tight for protected batteries. I gave you the same host as i gave everyone else - Rominsen - i kept the tight one for myself, as i don't care about that..

Which protected batteries did you buy? The gray ones? Those are thicker. The blue TrustFire fit in the hosts i shipped out very well. I didn't send anyone the tight host, as i managed to convince DX only to ship me the other model, which they sell under the same name..

For what I remember you said that you bought Rominsens and received mostly SAIKs,and that the Rominsen was actually the one that was tight for protected batteries,and as I at first chose ultrafires and you didn't got it(or got some other instead,or it was even tighter for batteries,I don't remember),and the ones that chose Rominsen got SAIK because of the battery problem the only one that was left was the Rominsen that you would get to yourself,but I asked to get that one,did I miss something?I think that was all.I bought the blue protected ones,it not really tight,probably if I give a shake they would come out,but there is not reason to risk damaging anything because I'm just lazy to remove the top,from now I will just have to open the top instead of the cap to take out the battery :p

IgorT

Check your emails. Wow, it's 90 of them.. Ok, look at the picture i sent you back then.. I'm attaching it here..

You were expecting to get the tight one, and i never told you that i managed to send you the good one. So i understand, that you still believe you got the tight one, but you didn't - i sent you the same one as everyone else who ordered the modular model. ;)

It was the other way around. Rominsen is not even officially available on DX.. Only SAIK is sold. I ordered SAIK, but they shipped me a mixture of the two.

I received 5 Rominsens and 1 SAIK. The Rominsens were spoken for which is why i first thought i would have to send you the SAIK, but then someone changed the model request, and i was able to give you the Rominsen, like everyone else.

I kept the tight SAIK for myself like originally intended. Blue TrustFires are stil not that bad in the SAIK, but they are perfectly smooth in the Rominsens.

Don't know why yours would be tight, if i can get them in my SAIK.. It's the gray ones, that don't go in the SAIK. All my blue ones worked perfectly in all the Rominsens tho.

But i don't think you need to unscrew the head to get the battery out. Even with the SAIK, i just have to hold the laser in my hand, and tap on the other hand, and the battery comes out enough for me to pull it out. This won't damage the laser, you don't have to worry about it. Just don't bang it against the table. :D

Otherwise, these host almost drove me crazy. I had to rely on a model, that is officially not even sold there, and on one person always remembering to send me the right one..  ::)

But is anyone else with the Rominsen host having a battery, that is tight?

Anyway, the picture shows why i only recommend getting the blue protected TrustFire batteries, and not the UltraFires. The UltraFires are thicker, but the TrustFires work in all of them.

Attachments

• SAIK_Rominsen_Battery_tight_-_LR.JPG
    SAIK_Rominsen_Battery_tight_-_LR.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 95

I confused the story them :p.The only part that it's a bit tight it's on the PCB and the work to unscrew the top is the same of unscrewing the tail cap,so it's not a real issue. :)

IgorT

Oh, so you take the top off, and the spring pushes it out? I guess that would work too.. :)

But this DX stuff can get annoying man! Maybe the batteries have too big tolerances..
Looks like i will have to make a stock of them, and always include battery pairs that i test myself from now on....

Oh, and sometimes, you can force the wrapping into shape, and then it works smoothly. You should try forming it a little.. Cos i think only the wrapping could be a problem.

Try this:
- Put just the top 10mm of the battery in the tube, and tilt it around in a circle with a small amount of force
- Turn the battery around and put just the bottom 10mm of the battery in the tube, and repeat.

I think that would bring it in shape. Are both of them tight? I still don't understand it, as i'm holding this battery and host in my hands now, and there is like 1mm of room in the tube, next to the battery, if i push it to one side.  :-?

Anyway, how did the undisguising go? Did you tighten it back in fully? Ain't it pretty? ;) I need to make me a new personal blu ray.. :(

IgorT said:
Oh, so you take the top off, and the spring pushes it out? I guess that would work too.. :)

But this DX stuff can get annoying man! Maybe the batteries have too big tolerances..
Looks like i will have to make a stock of them, and always include battery pairs that i test myself from now on....

Oh, and sometimes, you can force the wrapping into shape, and then it works smoothly. You should try forming it a little.. Cos i think only the wrapping could be a problem.

Try this:
- Put just the top 10mm of the battery in the tube, and tilt it around in a circle with a small amount of force
- Turn the battery around and put just the bottom 10mm of the battery in the tube, and repeat.

I think that would bring it in shape. Are both of them tight? I still don't understand it, as i'm holding this battery and host in my hands now, and there is like 1mm of room in the tube, if i push it to one side. :-?

Anyway, how did the undisguising go? Did you tighten it back in fully? Ain't it pretty? ;) I need to make me a new personal blu ray.. :(
IgorT said:
BTW, you're the second one, who didn't follow the instructions for undisguising.. I made them with a purpose! I spent like two hours, hoping people would use them...

Everyone else, PLEASE follow the instructions FIRST, if you're receiving a disguised lazor! Do not rush!
First, test the disguised laser with the cap still on - the cap has to glow - this way you know the laser works.
Then follow the instructions to the letter! Then play with the lazor! ;)
I'm sorry to tell I was the third :D.I couldn't find any tweezers to try to tight the module,but I think it's already in line with the edge,at least 30AWG wire is not passing(0.25mm).I will recheck it later when I'm able to find tweezers.
I might try that later,but I don't really think it's necessary,as I said,I just have no problem taking the battery from the top :D
EDIT:I just checked now and the other battery from the pair comes out nicely from the tailcap,the other one that is a anomaly :p

IgorT

No one follows instructions these days..  ;D

But i'm glad to hear the other battery is ok! I was starting to get worried, that they changed the battery model now!  ::)  They changed everything else already..   :mad:

I think you were so convinced you'd receive a tight one, that you made it true..  ;D

Otherwise, if you just pulled the lens cap out from the top, it can't really be tight, as the rim of the lens cap was between the edge of the head and the heatsink. So you should tighten it a little.

Anything you can stick into the notches (in the aluminum of the module) should allow you to turn it. It's just, that the tweezers are the easiest, as you can then grab from both sides at once, and turn with more power.
Again: The notches are in the aluminum, NOT in the battery contact board. Don't poke the contact board.. ;)

If you tighten it fully, the heatsinking will be much better.

Oh I thought tweezers were needed because there was something locking the module in place,it's just screwed,I used a small flat screwdriver to tight as much as I could,it must be ok now.
And hey,thanks for the CR2s,now my DX laser is working better,not that I will use it much now with a 318mW red laser,200mW green laser and your laser :p.I adjusted the pot and the current is now at 325mA

IgorT

Yes, the entire module, when closed, is just one piece of aluminum, with threads on the outside, which allow it to screw directly into the head.
If it's not loose, it's good. It just shouldn't rattle around. If you tighten the body fully into the head, the heat transfer will work, like it's supposed to. Then you don't have to worry about the duty cycle. It can be left on as long as you like.

Well, i hope you can still put the 3.6V CR2s to some use occasionally. At least your dilda now works like it's supposed to.. ;)
These chinese wanna-be drivers are really annoying sometimes.

IgorT

Glad to hear that! :)

So.... Only the fishing lures were underwater, right? ;)

P.S. I had some ideas for waterproofing your laser.. Need to try them out first.. One of them would require some insulation tape every time, but it would be easy to put on and take off. The other one would be a plastic tube with a glass lens on top, a button on the bottom, and the laser in the middle. No idea about the depths it could take tho..

That sounds really cool Igor, I'll send you an email about it when I get back from my trip. Unfortunately it looks like my waterproof diving bags have vanished, so I am going to try to make soem kind of makeshift diving bag (a plastic water bottle lol). Hopefully it will work, but don't worry I am not putting your laser in there, a green one instead.

IgorT

Hehe, ok.. :)

But how will you turn it on? If it's a pen, with a powerful pump, and you'll just put it in powered up, it will overheat way before you can resurface.

For everyone whose received theirs, can you tell me the exact length it took for shipping? I know customs adds to the length, but I estimated around a week or so but am looking at around two weeks. Thanks again!

Mine shipped 6/27 and arrived 7/11 they spent near 2 weeks in customs! Very very worth the wait though! :cool: ;D :cool: