Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:1.05mW Red HeNe Laser

Hi everyone,

I am putting my 1.05mW laser up for sale today. I haven't been using it much and it has only been collecting dust.
When i first received it, It was taken from a scanner and was covered in black plastic.
I hated not being able to see the "beam" on the inside, so i took apart most of the plastic, and made sure the beam was well visible.
I left some plastic on it so that if a person wanted to pick it up, it would be a little easier/safer to hold than to get shocked.
Also, since i had to "upgrade" this, i needed to glue a few pieces together so that i wouldn't have to constantly hold optics to the laser.

I would prefer to sell this to someone who knows how to use this safely and not get electrocuted.

I am open to reasonable offers.

If you are interested, let me know :yh:

Thanks for looking and have a nice day :beer:
Matt

EDIT: I just looked over the sticker on the laser and i found out that it is a Melles Griot laser. Unfortunately, I am not sure what wavelength it is. Sorry =[
EDIT #2: Dave was kind enough to post the wavelength....632.8nm =]

Last edited:

rhd

What is your intended price? I might be interested jsut for the experimentation I could get out of it this summer :)

But without a ballpark idea of what these are worth, I don't know if that's a silly thing for me to be thinking or not.

Ballpark?

What is your intended price? I might be interested jsut for the experimentation I could get out of it this summer :)

But without a ballpark idea of what these are worth, I don't know if that's a silly thing for me to be thinking or not.

Ballpark?

Hello :yh:
That seems like a fun idea :yh:

As for the price, since the power supply (rectangular block thing) is $20 alone, i would put this somewhere around $30-$40 shipped. I'm hoping to get at least over $23 out of this. But i think a reasonable price would be $30-$40 because shipping will probably take a little toll on the over all price.

Thanks for looking :beer:

~$35 shipped would be a more than fair price for this. I have one of these, and its a great starter for getting into gas. Also its totally Steampunk.

~$35 shipped would be a more than fair price for this. I have one of these, and its a great starter for getting into gas. Also its totally Steampunk.

Well then i guess anyone who wants it for $35 dollars can have it :)

:bumpit:

I might have someone interested but its NOT a sure thing.
So if your interested, please let me know. I would love to get rid of this poor thing.

Thank you,
Matt

I know this is an old thread, but the item is still up for sale and i really want to get rid of it.

so bump... :whistle:

xuen7

I am very interested PM me lets talk more on pricing and shipping..

edit: I just noticed you need comfirmation.. Let me comfirm with you then $35 shipped to Singapore... Pm include your paypal email as well

Last edited:

xuen7

received item today... glass tube was wrapped in brown envelope with 1 layer of bubble wrapping originating from China... anyways this is my first time dealing in faulty items... what usually happens now?

xuen7

oh yea crap sorry to mention that. well i have not powered it up yet mainly because the glass tube came shattered in many pieces... the box used was not packed with enough bubble wrapping to prevent item from colliding with each other inside... and the glass tube and adaptor and a copper colour block is only seperated with 1 layer of bubble wrapping...

i hate a hard time locating the original seller cause i thought it was from china... as there is a envelope that is enclosed inside with shipping from china

daguin

Send mattmagic100 both a PM here and an email. You should have contact info via the payment service.

Give him a chance to respond

If he doesn't respond, file a dispute.

Peace,
dave

xuen7

opps... already filed a dispute... i am quite forgetful i usually use the filing of disputes as a reminder.. or at least there is something reminding me that i have stuff to attend to... anyways matt seems like a great guy and i did get this item cheap... cant really complain its just that i was hoping for it to work a little or at least worked for $45 worth of time

oh yea crap sorry to mention that. well i have not powered it up yet mainly because the glass tube came shattered in many pieces... the box used was not packed with enough bubble wrapping to prevent item from colliding with each other inside... and the glass tube and adaptor and a copper colour block is only seperated with 1 layer of bubble wrapping...

i hate a hard time locating the original seller cause i thought it was from china... as there is a envelope that is enclosed inside with shipping from china

Thats the usual deal on hene tubes. Shipping is a bear! And if you put Glass on the outside of the box it seems they are treated worse than without it.

Hope you get something that works. :0