Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FREE Laser! today at 8:00PM CST

Which color 501B host should the kit be made from?

• Total voters
Donations for June was 31% this time around. Something big is happening to the hobby? Is it meeting it's end?

Donations for June was 31% this time around. Something big is happening to the hobby? Is it meeting it's end?

Well, we had an explosion when the 445nm showed it's face.
I keep hoping something else will happen to cause a giant influx of new people to the hobby.
but with green diodes, what else could you want?

Well, we had an explosion when the 445nm showed it's face.
I keep hoping something else will happen to cause a giant influx of new people to the hobby.
but with green diodes, what else could you want?

I think the next in line would be Yellow and 488nm but who would put them in projectors...

I certainly hope not man. A lot has to do with how expensive this hobby can be.

Too true

According to the tracking, Trend should of gotten his prize today. Hopefully he can post pictures and such. I think it's his first high powered laser :D

gozert

According to the tracking, Trend should of gotten his prize today. Hopefully he can post pictures and such. I think it's his first high powered laser :D

Never knew he won it. Pretty cool though, since he's quite new to the forums. Congrats!

http://youtu.be/CA-s3gamMwU

Just grabbed a quick video and some pictures. I've been pretty busy lately. I'll post the pictures later when I get a chance to put them on a hosting website. Thanks again for the awesome free laser and the case and the battery!

Last edited:
Careful unscrewing the barrel from the head.
The driver pill can spin on it's own from it, and you could end up with twisted wires.

Careful unscrewing the barrel from the head.
The driver pill can spin on it's own from it, and you could end up with twisted wires.

I watched it as I put it together. I'm pretty sure it didn't turn. I'll double check everything after I get a lens. I'm working with DTR to have him mount a diode and solder leads for my PL-450.

Last edited:
So it turns out I don't think this Laser is a good fit for me. I had not really come here for a high powered burning laser. I am more into just the unique colors. I also happen to live 8 miles from an airport. This means that I cannot use it outdoors. I also have an 18 month old daughter, therefore I will not be using it indoors either. At this point it seems like I really just don't need to own this device.

What I would like to offer is a trade. I would like to trade for one of the Osram 30 mw 515nw Diodes http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/gb-515-nm-laser-diodes-92426.html in a module with a driver that can run it at 5mw. I'll supply my own host and battery.

TL;DR TRADE
You get this laser, module, driver, host, battery, case. (no lens)
I get 30mw Osram 515mw with Driver set for 5mw (should be ~60ma) in module with a lens (thanks)

PM me I am here often.

I thought long and hard before offering this trade. I am grateful for winning this Laser. I do appreciate it. I just feel there would be a better fit for me.

Thanks,
Ben

Pman

Awesome prices and what's not to "like" on your website and facebook;)