Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Free Laser (For Me...Score)

So, I got my Core 5mw greenie yesterday.

I doubt it is only 5mw, probably more like 15-20.

Nice spot. came in a nice case and all...

Very pleased. Then again, based on all the negative feedback, I wouldn't buy WL.

But I'll spellcheck for it.

ARG

Got my core today for telling them that the lower the wavelength does not mean the brighter the laser. It's a decent laser and it came with nice case but not worth 30$ :wtf:

I got my free core a few weeks ago. LPM'd it at 18mW. Nice little case and it seems like a solid host. I guess even WL cant fuck up a 5mW pen.

Paddy

How long did it take your cores to arrive?
Been near enough a month since they said they'd ship mine.
Also hearing these look stronger than 5mw is a bummer for me, thought this would be a nice option for playing with the cats. :(

mine took about 3 weeks.

Yeh, I think the Core is too strong to play with cats.

Paddy

Ah ok, i'm in the UK so i'm guessing it'd take a bit longer.

Paddy

Not sure if this is classed as a necro but my free core still hasn't turned up.
(been almost 2 months)
Just glad it's a freebie that didn't turn up and not something i actually paid for!

Not sure if this is classed as a necro but my free core still hasn't turned up.
(been almost 2 months)
Just glad it's a freebie that didn't turn up and not something i actually paid for!

That sucks. You got an email from WL telling you that they would send one and it never showed up?

I got my free core from WL lol. measured it at 5mW on my Laserbee. The first package they sent me was lost. The tracking said it expired. I emailed WL and they sent me out a new one and I got that within 4 days.

As much as we all dislike WL, their customer support seems to be a lot better now

Paddy

They said they were sending me one yeah, been waiting since 4th nov i think.

D

Deleted member 22482

You guys are unlucky.

I received a E2 75mW red the other day, and I had tested it with the wrong batteries and told them to send me a new one. And when speaking to them I said "Well, since you've started, you could just send me another E2 75mW red, a core and a E3 200mW Green" and so they did. Now that I have the correct batteries, I have 2 E2 75mW red, a core and a E3 200mW green.

Score for me.

You guys are unlucky.

I received a E2 75mW red the other day, and I had tested it with the wrong batteries and told them to send me a new one. And when speaking to them I said "Well, since you've started, you could just send me another E2 75mW red, a core and a E3 200mW Green" and so they did. Now that I have the correct batteries, I have 2 E2 75mW red, a core and a E3 200mW green.

Score for me.

Uhm, so let me get this straight... you got a free laser.

Tested it incorrectly.

Complained and got them to send you another three lasers for free.

Considering this situation involves the ripping off of WL, I don't feel bad for them, but what you did is still far from right, and is nothing to brag about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22482

Uhm, so let me get this straight... you got a free laser.

Tested it incorrectly.

Complained and got them to send you another three lasers for free.

Considering this situation involves the ripping off of WL, I don't feel bad for them, but what you did is still far from right, and is nothing to brag about.

The thing is that I did offer them to send one back but they said that it wasnt needed.

Besides, the proplr who had done it wrong are WL. They were originally talking about giving me a 1W Krapton (your invention) but once I was finished and told them about it they said that they had already sent a E2 75mW and that it was un-negotiable. Thirteen hours of work for a $75 laser? (which actually is worth $10 tops)

I got a core too. I like it a lot. I wish I could meter it, but I am fairly confident that it is under 5mW, as claimed.

Features:
*momentary side button, a little tough to push
*IR filtered
*optical feedback regulation provides a very stable beam, i.e. no variance in brightness, no flickering, no warm-up time, no change in performance at different temperatures. This was quite amazing for me, by the way. All with a perfect TEM.
*Works with my Duraloops - hurray, no more worrying about my 10440 setup asploding!

square threads for a seamless tightening
finish was pretty good too