Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Free Laser (For Me...Score)

The thing is that I did offer them to send one back but they said that it wasnt needed.

Besides, the proplr who had done it wrong are WL. They were originally talking about giving me a 1W Krapton (your invention) but once I was finished and told them about it they said that they had already sent a E2 75mW and that it was un-negotiable. Thirteen hours of work for a $75 laser? (which actually is worth $10 tops)

Geez... 13 hours of work?!?! WTF were you doing for that long?

I retract the statement that the laser was free:)

Paddy

Still no laser, i'm waiting for the "customs must have taken it" excuse.
(even though there's no real law here)

Still no laser, i'm waiting for the "customs must have taken it" excuse.
(even though there's no real law here)

Sorry to hear it. I guess you should just be glad that it's not a laser you actually paid for although thats still not an excuse for there shitty service.

Paddy

So from them telling me they'd ship it on the 4/11/11 i still don't have it today lol.
They told me the delivery had been signed for (not my signature) and it was marked as delivered 1 day after being sent from china.
After all this time the person who was answering my emails has just started ignoring me.
Epic customer service!
(i understand it's a free laser, but why say you'll give one if you don't end up doing so!)
Also i apologise if this is considered a necro, just had to update this lol.

Huh. Well. Can't say I'm surprised.

Company isn't exactly known for keeping to it's promises.

So from them telling me they'd ship it on the 4/11/11 i still don't have it today lol.
They told me the delivery had been signed for (not my signature) and it was marked as delivered 1 day after being sent from china.
After all this time the person who was answering my emails has just started ignoring me.
Epic customer service!
(i understand it's a free laser, but why say you'll give one if you don't end up doing so!)
Also i apologise if this is considered a necro, just had to update this lol.

I emailed Wicked Lasers some errors and got a reply saying they'll send something out too!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll actually get something:D

Paddy

They didn't send me mine, i sent multiple replies to the people just to be ignored.
Gotta love bad customer service.
Anything you can do about false advertisement? :V

So just what does all this really say ?

A company that offers free merch for getting people to spend time looking through all the crap on their website. Hundreds of people spending hours looking at their on-line company in detail and correcting the mistakes that the company didn't care enough in the first place to put out there properly.

And the overwhelming number of traffic in return causes the company to frequently change the account/address of their response lines. The volume must grow so much in such a short time it is obvious that they don't care about the errors but are using the "ruse" to generate web traffic.

Then there are the responses that initially go to "customer service" agents for the generic responses including trying to control or reduce the actual number of "free" items sent out. As the timeframe advances the customer is less and less likely to receive responses. Like they sort their e-mail by dates and once you fall low enough on the list you are no longer noticed.

Sounds like they have found a new way of spending their "marketing" budget and using some creative methods to promote their website outside of the regular advertising that is frequently ignored by regular online users.

Too bad the business still isn't to be considered a good one. That is an effective new means of getting interest for the website.
:thinking:

WTF?!

I actually got my laser!! It's been only 15 days!
And I got a very queer laser... I can't find anything like it on the internet, but it is about 50mw, and it's free, so... ...kudos to WL :)

How queer is it? Is it triangular and pink, or what?

lol not that queer

It says "Executive Series" on it. AFAIK, the executive series used to say "Fusion" on it, not Executive Series. When I called the infamous WL customer center and told them the serial number, they were like, "What serial number?":crackup:

Seems like a good laser tho
Dot is beautiful. Zero splash. Divergence is acceptable, but not the best.

I sent them an email pointing out that the claim of The S3 Spyder III Arctic is the world's most powerful laser you can legally own not being true... especially under Australian Law... lets see what they say :p

I'm really glad I found this thread, because I went to their site and found what I believe to be an error within a few minutes of looking. Whether or not they agree or even respond remains to be seen, but it was fun looking!

I seriously doubt I'd ever purchase anything off of there, but I don't mind trying for a freebie!

I sent them an email pointing out that the claim of The S3 Spyder III Arctic is the world's most powerful laser you can legally own not being true... especially under Australian Law... lets see what they say :p

:crackup: I did that too :p

No free laser for me :( Those stinking liars! :p