Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Free 445nm Glasses - for those who need them.

Trevor

So, it came to my attention a few days ago that at least a couple people I know own a 1W+ 445nm last, but don't have goggles to go with it. This bothers me. So, I have a solution for at least a few people.

I have 17 pairs of WL safety glasses. Six of the pairs are the new, good polymer. The other eleven are the crappy old orange ones.

Here's pictures:

Unaided Laser Dot

Laser Dot - Good Goggles

Laser Dot - Fail Goggles

The good goggles block all 445nm light, and can take a limited amount of direct exposure, according to my destructive test. These are available for $7 via PayPal (to cover shipping anywhere in the world and a padded envelope - the glasses case is rigid) to members with >50 posts who do not currently own 445nm-blocking laser safety glasses.

The old, crappy ones are available too, in case you need a case for your wraparound sunglasses, or something. Or if you want to see laser light while wearing glasses :)thinking:). Either way, if no one wants them I'm just going to throw them away.

Pairs Available
New - 0 (6 taken)
Old - 0 (11 taken)

PM me for my PayPal info.

Any amount of surplus money will be given to LPF as a donation.

Thought this went better in General than in B/S/T...

-Trevor

Last edited:

Fenzir

I own a pair of safety goggles, but upon returning to campus my roommate might... will need a pair. Because I already have a pair, if all the "good" pairs get taken, I'd be fine with a "fail" pair.

If I didn't already have two good pair of Eagles, I'd take some of the good ones off your hands.

Actually if you don't get enough interest, let me know and I"ll take at least one pair. I can never have too man glasses when I'm showing off my lasers. :)

*Never* throw anything out. If no one wants the old ones, I'll take them off your hands for postage. I lose sunglasses left and right, surely they offer as much protection from the sun as cheapo $2.00 gas station glasses. :D

Edit:They are probably the only thing from Wicked I'd ever own. :p

Last edited:

Trevor

I own a pair of safety goggles, but upon returning to campus my roommate might... will need a pair. Because I already have a pair, if all the "good" pairs get taken, I'd be fine with a "fail" pair.

This is more geared toward people who completely lack them - often because they can't afford them. We'll see where it goes? :undecided:

Will these block 405nm?

The newer ones should be very good at it. My un-scientific let's-see-how-bright-it-looks test on the old ones indicates that they're reasonably effective, but still let a tiny bit of 405nm through.

WOW! This is generous! *pretty much speechless*

+1 for sure!

:)

If I didn't already have two good pair of Eagles, I'd take some of the good ones off your hands.

Actually if you don't get enough interest, let me know and I"ll take at least one pair. I can never have too man glasses when I'm showing off my lasers. :)

*Never* throw anything out. If no one wants the old ones, I'll take them off your hands for postage. I lose sunglasses left and right, surely they offer as much protection from the sun as cheapo $2.00 gas station glasses. :D

Edit:They are probably the only thing from Wicked I'd ever own. :p

Yeah, I expect there are gonna be a lot of the crap ones left.

They're not great at being sunglasses, though I use one pair that I have as impact-type safety glasses pretty often. :p

-Trevor

Last edited:
If you end up with some cases from the old ones left I'd like one. I don't want to keep anyone from free glasses though!

If you end up with some cases from the old ones left I'd like one. I don't want to keep anyone from free glasses though!

Same here- I am set, but do know of some with friends and only one pair of good specs- so they really need 'guest goggles' as I call the crappier ones. Save me some of the 'Old' --good thing you are doing +rep from me when system allows--

len

Trevor

Update: 4 pairs of the primaries are spoken for, all of the 'guest goggles' are still available.

Hak, I can send a few pairs to SELEM with someone so that you can get them to people who need them. :)

-Trevor

i could pay for a few crappy pairs if they don't get a home :)
i already have a new pair of glasses for jetlasers, but i need a few for guests
+1 for generosity :beer:

Last edited:
:D Can I buy a pair of new style? Maybe 1 or 2 old / guest one as well? :undecided:

Last edited:

Trevor

VectorField, just pay shipping. Just, when you're finished with them, pass them on to someone else that needs them. :)

Where are you located?

-Trevor

Is it safe for me to let friends use the old style if its limited exposure outdoors, no shinny surfaces around or roadsigns?
If not perhaps they work better for 405nm?

daguin

Apparently I don't give out enough rep or I just give you too much :bowdown:

Thanks for this

Peace,
dave