Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Found really cool, cheap optical assemblies if anyone wants one!!

Jhop

Well considering yesterday was a holiday, I would think maybe give people a little more time to reply to your PM's. People could be busy/out of town ect. Cool find tho.

Ah good point. Somehow managed to forget about that even as a Brit living in the states. Although working over the break doesnt help! Maybe im a little bit subconsciously salty beause of that lol

Last edited:
How tall are they? I bet 3 to 4 of them could fit inside one of these.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...egoryId=flat-rate-shipping&productId=P_O_FRB2

Shipping would be 13.45 each. Due to the size, that might be the cheapest way when sending 3 to 4 of them. I've tried sending stuff before that was large but lightweight. Shipping was still higher in my own box due to the size of the item.

So after taking another look I agree that this is probably the best way to ship 2-3 intact units for $13.45. unfortunately usps doesn't offer a smaller box with useable dimensions for single units but I could easily fit several cut down units in a fedex one-rate small box and that would only cost $10.75 for +601 miles. What do you think is best? I will be picking them all up tomorrow so I can grab some boxes and test them out.

The cost is going to be $10-14 in shipping plus $15 per unit or they may be back up to $20 depending on how many of the original 6 I have left at the lower price. Once they are gone then I may be able to buy more but they may go back to charging $20each since it's not the holiday week anymore. I'm going to pick them up and get the shipping stuff tomorrow so I can grab you something if you let me know in time otherwise it might be a while.

ok shouldn't be a problem. Don't forget to pm me your address. Do you want it intact/cut down etc

I shouldn't even dignify this with a response but god i laughed so hard when i frantically flip open lpf expecting to read an interesting, topical post and then i am given this...

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Did you find these at Surplus Gizmos? GREAT shop! Surplusgizmos.com Their website is kinda crappy though. If you actually go there they have FAR more inventory than they list on their site.

Benm

I might be interested in these, if you could ship 2 of them to the netherlands at $15 each plus $10 combined shipping cost.

The reason i usually don't go for anything located in the US is shipping cost which often is quite expensive even for items that don't seem that large or heavy. Often it's at least $35 for something that doesn't fit the mailbox slot, but if you can ship them for less than half that i'd be interested.

I don't think the actual diodes and such on them are that interesting, but the baseplate, laser mounts and optical holders could justify the cost.

Yeah ok if you want some I guess i'll see what I can do about the shipping.

Also, to everyone reading this. I'm not certain if there are more than 2 so hold your horses until I can confirm supplies tomorrow.

Yeah ok if you want some I guess i'll see what I can do about the shipping.

Also, to everyone reading this. I'm not certain if there are more than 2 so hold your horses until I can confirm supplies tomorrow.

and it's tomorow :)

Paid Britishkid via PayPal. Thanks for posting this. I look forward to building an RG:Y unit from it.

After doing a little research im afraid $10 shipping to the netherlands is just too optimistic. It cost more than that just to ship these to a different state. If you really want these youre going to have to up you budget a bit. Otherwise leave it for someone more enthusiastic about them as there are only 3 left as i type this