Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Found Cyan Laser diodes !

We had a kid destroying perfectly good DPSS's. That was a soul destroyer.
At least those could, in theory, be repaired with new pump diodes. I guess I'm triggered because I really like the 462 color. These were some of my favorites for a while. Just gives me a sad seeing these being wasted stupidly. But, their diodes, their money. :sigh:

At least those could, in theory, be repaired with new pump diodes. I guess I'm triggered because I really like the 462 color. These were some of my favorites for a while. Just gives me a sad seeing these being wasted stupidly. But, their diodes, their money. :sigh:
Yeah sadly the m462s are pretty much the best 462nm diode, better divergence by far than anything else.

I would love to know which projector this beautiful array comes from!
If anyone has any info, please share it with the forum here:

I would love to know which projector this beautiful array comes from!
If anyone has any info, please share it with the forum here:
+1 on that... They are really the BEST 462-465nm diodes out there.

Dude... just use a heatsink. Stop being stupid and wasteful...

I have a block of 24 diodes from an m140 projector, I have not tested any yet.

I am wondering if there are any markings or numbers to look for to see if these are the higher wavelength diodes?

I have a block of 24 diodes from an m140 projector, I have not tested any yet.

I am wondering if there are any markings or numbers to look for to see if these are the higher wavelength diodes?
His block is marked M462 which is probably the centroid wavelength of the diodes. I've taken apart hundreds of these blocks and I've never seen that marking before. I'm very curious as to which projector these came from.

His block is marked M462 which is probably the centroid wavelength of the diodes. I've taken apart hundreds of these blocks and I've never seen that marking before. I'm very curious as to which projector these came from.
According to the list of diodes a few posts back one of them is an LG projector, but his video says m140 vs m140 C.

I'm assuming the 'C' is an m140 variant?

My block has no markings other than M1 written in marker. Guess I'll just have to test it and C 😁

According to the list of diodes a few posts back one of them is an LG projector, but his video says m140 vs m140 C.

I'm assuming the 'C' is an m140 variant?

My block has no markings other than M1 written in marker. Guess I'll just have to test it and C 😁
I think he just put C for Cyan.... That's definitely a Casio block.

I believe it was the XJ-A141 which these cyan diodes came from

Alien laser posted on May 16th:
4 days ago i received 1 = XJ-F210WN Brand new 0.0 hrs i was planing to extract diodes but i wife liked it so i stored it away.
So i ordered 3 more brand new XJ-M146 + XJ-A141 + One more XJ-F210WN
I will extract diodes from XJ-M146 + XJ-A141 + XJ-F210WN when the arrive next week

Alien laser PM'd me May 30, 2024:
"i purchased it brand new from a company in November /December i will see if i can find the record i try to look but the erased the record i will check if i have a pic maybe of the projector it was around $1200 + tax"

Since the OP's pictures look like the "green slim" array, it rules out the XJ-M146 and XJ-F210WN
I extracted one of these XJ-A141 projectors and it also had 23x diodes, one hole was unpopulated just like in the photos above, but I never noticed if they were 462nm so I will check later and report back to confirm

Back