Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Forklift reverse laser

Hi guys
Something interesting a new forklift at work has a twin reverse laser mounted on the rear and the wavelength looks 470 plus, It could be NUBMO7,s or NDB7675,s Or even the new Sharp 475,s I really have no idea but the more equipment with laser diodes the better for us hobbyists!

Attachments

• e2VJsif.jpg
    e2VJsif.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 65
  • ymQ1SBB.jpg
    ymQ1SBB.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 62
  • E4uykVw.jpg
    E4uykVw.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 58
  • MDULOJo.jpg
    MDULOJo.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 58

jnrpop

Does that mean everyone at your work site gets a nice new pair of laser shades :D

It's a great idea though!.....and if it does use the new 475 diodes, your forklifts reverse laser system might be faulty and need replacing BBB ;) :crackup:

I assume it is an optical warning device..
Wouldn't the warning effect be more visible if
it were a fat horizontal line ???

Jerry

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Does that mean everyone at your work site gets a nice new pair of laser shades :D

It's a great idea though!.....and if it does use the new 475 diodes, your forklifts reverse laser system might be faulty and need replacing BBB ;) :crackup:

I second that. The diode is faulty and needs to be taken away ... and replaced for a cheap 650 IMO. :whistle:
:crackup:

Last edited:
That's the biggest host I've seen yet?
And with wheels no less....

Yep definitely faulty and an eye hazard Billy.
Best to dismantle it before someone gets hurt.
Put it in a Platinum Host and sell it to meeeee.
I need to up the ante on Bob's Gold host.

lol.gif

Yeah only problem the whole company knows I build lasers and I’ll be the first person they would suspect, However we have so many forklifts if I just drove one home maybe they wouldn’t realise ones missing!;(,

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
:crackup: It will be on the Australian News.
'Worker caught stealing company forklift to a build high powered laser pointer' :D

BobMc

That's the biggest host I've seen yet?
And with wheels no less....

Yep definitely faulty and an eye hazard Billy.
Best to dismantle it before someone gets hurt.
Put it in a Platinum Host and sell it to meeeee.
I need to up the ante on Bob's Gold host.

lol.gif

Thanks too funny RB "biggest host~~~~with wheels" thanks for the :crackup:

Billy's gold plated beauty's are just that. So sweeeeet. Don't be jealous, ok, maybe a little. :D

The larger one is one of my favorites, she is something special! :gj: Billy!

And Billy don't be "borrowing" any fork lifts, we need you to keep building lasers!!! :crackup: :)

Last edited:
Biggest host... wait until I put some 07Es in my car headlights! :crackup: (kidding)

BBB are you sure those are lasers, it looks like they might be focused LEDs or bulbs.

Encap

Twin high intensity blue LED forklift warning lights are very common--usually LED not sure if there are any laser versions.

Last edited:
There sure is, Linde is the forklift there are LEDs and lasers this one here in the pic are LEDs but reverse warning are laser!

Attachments

• HU605ql.jpg
    HU605ql.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hi
They also have red lasers on the back of cars. It’s an after market item I’m sure you seen them around they are activated when the brakes are applied

Rich:)

Encap

Last edited:
Sharp diodes were a test batch for 488's, they weren't intended to be made for commercial anything. I'd believe the nubm or ndb's though. Pretty cool stuff to see nonetheless!

When we first got theforkfts in everyone was saying laser, and I looked it up on that particular forklift model and it did say laser reverse warning system, but honestly know I cannot find the web page and I’m a little bussy we had 2 guys collide with electric forklifts tonight and one ended up on it’s side and the guy hurt his arm when he jumped off, he’s at the hospital know!