Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale: Laser building and repair

Will you sell core if you don't want to mod it? I'm looking for a pen style host...

Gooey did u get my PMs? iPhone may not have sent them

Hey. I am desperate for another laser! I bought a 200mw off DX, lost it...Bought another...Stolen...And now DX will not ship to US and I'm afraid to buy from any other website based out of Hong Kong...

Is there a good website where I can buy all the parts little $$$ and ship to you? I was hoping for a true 150mw or greater. I'm not even sure what all parts make up a laser... Sled? Have no idea what that is hehe....just the diode itself.  :-/

I just cannot spend hundreds of dollars.  

Thanks.

You can get a pen-size green module from o-like.com

then you'll just need a host to put it in and I can build it for ya  :cool:

If you have any empty pen laser hosts, I can put it in that, or even a flashlight style laser, it's all up to you  :cool:

Or if you want a red or a blu-ray you will need:

Sled (this contains the diode, I'd suggest PHR-803T (blu-ray) or LPC-somethingsomething (cant remember exactly) for red.

Then you'll need an aixiz module and a heat sink (talk to Dark_horse for the heat sink, if you decide to buy one from him, let me know because he can just give it to me in person rather than you spending money to get it shipped to you, and then to me)

And then of course, something to put it all into. Probably a flashlight-style host. Look around some posts and you'll find a good one, there are a few common ones that people use.

yes he does...he put my blu-ray in the mail today (I hope!) so it should be here by tuesday :D

He does wonderful work...well worth the price :)

Thanks for the reply ;D

So if I bought Dark Horse's "Sliver Host-Kit" for 50 bucks, the only other thing I would need for a Blu-ray laser is the diode from one of the sleds? I would try and get one of the 6x.

I just want a powerful Blu-ray laser with a good focused beam (not a beam that spreads out to quickly)

Anything else you can think of that I would need?

Thanks or the help by the way ;) ;D

Nope that should be everything!  :cool:

(I dont know what exactly comes in the kit but I'm sure it will be everything you'll need, as long as it has the host (body of the laser) the driver, the heatsink, and aixiz module, you're good to go)

[highlight]Re: "Anything else you can think of that I would need?" [/highlight]
A battery and charger come to mind...

it doesnt come with the driver...only host, battery, heatsink, and an aixiz module(i think...)

Hey gooey did my laser ship today? :)

This is what comes in Gar Horse's kit

--Sliver Host-Kit--
We put together a value for our favorite little laser-build too
You will get:
(1) Sliver Full-Body Heatsink --------That should be the host
(1) Sliver (Cree C3) Stainless-Steel Host (1xAA sized) ----------------Also host..
(1) Ultra-Fire 3.7V Lithium-cell (rechargeable)-------Power source
(1) Aixiz module w/ acrylic lens ------The aixiz thing (whatever that is hehe)

So does this mean it does not come with a heatsink or driver?

Oh. You did say If I bought anything from Dark Horse, that yall could meet in person instead of him shipping to me, then me shipping to you right?

Hehe wow..This is getting expensive --$50 kit, $50+ diode, $40 driver and anything else i may need, $30 build, 30 shipping :eek: :eek:

I don't know if I can afford this hehe ::)

Oh, Does this diode look decent, its the only one I can find... :-/

omg...I need 1 more post to be able to post links...

hehe BREE BUMP!

daguin

deluxe247 said:

Those are simply PHR-803T diodes.  You can get them from one of the members here for much less.  Check out the Buy/Sell/Trade board and the Group Buy board.

Bandtled is a member here (or he was) as well, but I don't believe he offers them here for less.

You can get one from me right now WITH the driver attached for less than that.

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1232735823

Peace,
dave

deluxe247 said:
This is what comes in Gar Horse's kit

--Sliver Host-Kit--
We put together a value for our favorite little laser-build too
You will get:
(1) Sliver Full-Body Heatsink --------That should be the host
(1) Sliver (Cree C3)  Stainless-Steel Host (1xAA sized) ----------------Also host..
(1) Ultra-Fire 3.7V Lithium-cell (rechargeable)-------Power source
(1) Aixiz module w/ acrylic lens ------The aixiz thing (whatever that is hehe)

So does this mean it does not come with a heatsink or driver?

Oh. You did say If I bought anything from Dark Horse, that yall could meet in person instead of him shipping to me, then me shipping to you right?

Hehe wow..This is getting expensive --$50 kit, $50+ diode, $40 driver and anything else i may need, $30 build, 30 shipping  :eek: :eek:

I don't know if I can afford this hehe  ::)
The Sliver-Kit comes with"
The whole host, (original heatsink and electronics),
A custom "Full-Body" heastsink for your LD-module,
An Aixiz-module,
A 14500-battery

To complete the build you would only need a diode and driver and like Dave says, you will eventually need a charger, (Dave is always right ;) )
DH