Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

For sale : 501B lasers with copper heatsink from $80

Re: For sale: NEW 1W-2W 445nm 501B lasers from $110

@livinloud Ok, if they both work seperate, then it's not the protection circuit. I did not know if you tried both. I don't have any eagletac, and not sure about their specs, but they may not be capable of high current discharge, and therefore not be able to power up the laser. If thats true, the ultrafires you used would have had to pull most of the weight.

Thats the only thing I can think of since you tried using spacers (BTW, small magnet work great for this). I personally use AW IMR 16340s in all my lasers that take two 16340s. AW makes great batts, and IMR have the best C rating, meaning they are perfect for high current demand. And these 445nm are power hungery. I suggest using IMRs, i just got some from lighthound.

Hope i made more sence :)

Last edited:

Hmmm is a prism worth getting? A light prism that is?

@livinloud Ok, if they both work seperate, then it's not the protection circuit. I did not know if you tried both. I don't have any eagletac, and not sure about their specs, but they may not be capable of high current discharge, and therefore not be able to power up the laser. If thats true, the ultrafires you used would have had to pull most of the weight.

Thats the only thing I can think of since you tried using spacers (BTW, small magnet work great for this). I personally use AW IMR 16340s in all my lasers that take two 16340s. AW makes great batts, and IMR have the best C rating, meaning they are perfect for high current demand. And these 445nm are power hungery. I suggest using IMRs, i just got some from lighthound.

Hope i made more sence :)

yeah this made sense, but either way the eagletac's arent going to cut it. ive heard good things about AW so i may get some of those. thanks for the help +1 coming

Hmmm is a prism worth getting? A light prism that is?

thats a personal preference. Well first off you NEED NEED NEED NEEEEEEEEED safety glasses so if you dont have these then we can recomend a few good (anywhere from ok-good-best). personally i like prisms so im going to buy one at some point but all my money is going towards a LPM right now.

thats a personal preference. Well first off you NEED NEED NEED NEEEEEEEEED safety glasses so if you dont have these then we can recomend a few good (anywhere from ok-good-best). personally i like prisms so im going to buy one at some point but all my money is going towards a LPM right now.

I got them ofcourse :), don't wanna burn my eyes out.

it also depends on the quality of them too. ive seen many threads of members just melting their glasses with lasers. if you have an eagle pair set then i can confirm that they are the way to go, short of buying certified glasses :)

it also depends on the quality of them too. ive seen many threads of members just melting their glasses with lasers. if you have an eagle pair set then i can confirm that they are the way to go, short of buying certified glasses :)

I am buying the glasses that Blord has recommend and is selling specifically for this wave length. I trust him :D

Blord if you want to chime in on this topic then that may be helpful since you made the laser so will have more knowledge.

see this is what confused me, i thought the same thing but they both work when used with one ultrafire.

even if both of them are tripped, would the laser still work but just pull power from the ultrafire, thus giving less output. Wish i had a darn LPM to test this on (saving for one as we speak). it may be that eagletac uses some weird circuit in theirs that doesnt like lasers

I use a buck driver in my build and the driver need two 3.7V batteries to get it regulated. When you are using one battery like a 18650 then the voltage isn't high enough to deliver the required current. The driver will still deliver current and sometimes it is just enough to get the diode above the lasing current.
So the laser will work but will have a very low output like 100-200mW.

The short circuit of the batteries shouldn't kick in. The protection works only if there is some short circuit. The laser would be dead by then.

I just got mine about an hour ago. It's a beast! Very nice work blord. +1 when i can :D

When did you order yours and where do you live?

I live in kentucky <<
I ordered it last tuesday, got tracking with power graph last thursday. Have you tried going to usps.com and tracking there? Mine arrived in newyork tue, and you're further out so you should have it by tomorrow or sat.

I live in kentucky <<
I ordered it last Tuesday, got tracking with power graph last Thursday. Have you tried going to usps.com and tracking there? Mine arrived in newyork tue, and you're further out so you should have it by tomorrow or sat.

Yeah, or Monday (wait does mail ship on Saturdays?) and I'll go try tracking it there.

Edit: Tracking with UPS returned no results, and my other tracking has been "Departure office of echange" since monday

Last edited:

Yeah, or Monday (wait does mail ship on Saturdays?) and I'll go try tracking it there.

Edit: Tracking with UPS returned no results, and my other tracking has been "Departure office of echange" since monday

as i mentioned in an earlier post the tracking source that Blord gave me didn't have anything other than leaving his post office. when you put it in USPS, not UPS like you stated you tried, it will update as to its status in the USA. it seems like they post men in Europe are lazy or miss a ton of scans since there are a few members who didn't have accurate tracking. try USPS.com and then let us know, my bet is its already in the USA. GL

Got my laser today but i got a problem, does anyone know if its broken or not? i put the batteries in with negative to tail cap but its just a really faint dot. I can post some screenshots if wanted :( Batteries were fully charged before i tried to use it for the first time

Last edited:

Got my laser today but i got a problem, does anyone know if its broken or not? i put the batteries in with negative to tail cap but its just a really faint dot. I can post some screenshots if wanted :( Batteries were fully charged before i tried to use it for the first time

pictures would be great, also what batteries are you using. it could be that the batteries are junk

pictures would be great, also what batteries are you using. it could be that the batteries are junk

The batteries are reading 4.1v and following are some photos, hopefully i can get this sorted :(

Kind regards,
Anthony

Attachments

• IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1685.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 221