Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FOR $50 DONATION to LPF: 350mW 445nm Hotlights - Sketchy Frankenstein

rhd

For a $50 donation, I actually think this is a steal :)

It's actually a pretty decent blue laser! I'd love to know how I can ship it to you in Singapore without costing myself a trillion dollars in the process though - so let me know how the other Canadian sent you your other laser - I'd love the tip!

rhd according to the USPS a Flat rate priority box (8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8") would be $13.95 to Singapore. Why so much in Canada?

Last edited:

rhd

Maybe I'm doing something wrong guys? Xuen7 said another Canadian was able to ship priority cheaply. Follow me through here (I think I was doing everything correctly)

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/personal/findARate?execution=e1s1

- Choose "parcel", "international", singapore (dropdown), and enter postal code B1B1B1 (not mine, but close enough)
- Input Dimensions: (select inches) 8 x 4 x 2 (seems like a good box for a laser)
- Weight: (select lb.) put in 2

Results:

$15 small packet surface
$35 small packet air
$35 parcel surface
$69 xpresspost international
$88 priority

This one will deliver in 6-10 day according to Canada Post.

Small Packet™ - International Air See Postal Guide for Delivery Standard

From To Length Width Height Weight
B1B 1B1 Singapore 8.00 in. 5.00 in. 2.00 in. 1.000 lb.

$18.08
Prepaid
Options
Not Applicable
Rate Summary
Base Price $18.08
Coverage* Included
Fuel Surcharge $0.00
Options $0.00
Tax $0.00
Total $18.08

rhd

Right - the piece of the puzzle I forgot to mention was that Xuen7 required tracking - which is what took Small Packet out as an option for him.

rhd

Hmmm, ok that's fair. Xuen7, how does that sound?

For your $50 donation to LPF (just confirm with a paypal receipt), I'll ship it to you with the budget shipping (I can still insure it), but there won't be tracking. If you'd like tracking, that's cool, but you have to chip in the shipping cost difference?

Given this new info - I won't hold you to your $50 bid if you'd like to retract (and don't feel bad if so)

Cheers

xuen7

Just to remind you that i am still keen on the deal. As spoken in PM i would be purchasing another pointer from you therefore saving on the shipping cost... Still awaiting your reply..

rhd

Hey,

I actually PM'd you back a few days ago :)

I'll send you another one now. Cheers

rhd

Good news!

A big THANK-YOU is in order for Zenador - who has kindly donated $50 to LPF!

Your Frankenstein 445nm will ship out tomorrow afternoon :)

Good luck with your sale rhd. If it wasn't for my current situation id snatch this up.

rhd

This wasn't a sale - twas a two sided donation :)

Zenador donated $50 (directly) to LPF, and I donated a laser for the purpose of encouraging the donation :)

Win-win-win :)

I may not post much, but I sure read a ton from here, and have learned quite a bit. This is probably one of the most "respective" boards I have been on (no real flame wars that I've seen) and everyone here is genuinely interested in helping each other move their projects forward. So why not donate? And thanks to rhd for his donation ;)

Zen

I may not post much, but I sure read a ton from here, and have learned quite a bit. This is probably one of the most "respective" boards I have been on (no real flame wars that I've seen) and everyone here is genuinely interested in helping each other move their projects forward. So why not donate? And thanks to rhd for his donation ;)

Zen
Lst night I made a post in 'Donations' in hopes that many would step up. Today I saw a big jump and had thought that it had come from several but sadly(and at the same time happily) it came mostly from Zen.

SO that being said, +rep to you sir!

And when will the rest of the 'slackers' step up?

Most newcomers have more questions than answers. Anyone who has gotten help should feel compelled to send a little donation. It can be as small as one dollar. All advice given here is free--but if you feel that you have gotten assistance and really want to say thanks- please consider doing it with a donation.

While its nice to say thanks and give rep,(btw, some may not know that rep given from anyone with a very low rep does not make much difference to the rep count of the person you are giving it to) the best way to show appreciation for getting help and advice is to send in a donation. Giving out rep, in itself, does not support LPF, donations however is the best way to support our forum.

On the other hand donating may bring you some rep so your support can be very rewarding in many ways.

Last comment on donations, IMHO it is not necessary to post BOTH your donation being sent in AND the amount as this may discourage those unable to match you.

TY for reading this post.

hak;)

if you have not sold it yet, i want it , i am willing to donate 60$ dollars, and i will give you a screenshot of my payment or other proofs. that you request. but what driver do you you have in it? if its a flex drive or other 1w+ driver i am thinking to replace the diode and udjust the driver to 1000ma so it should put out about 800-900mw, but i wont wast your semi-broken diode, i will keep it as spare parts. thanks and PM me ASAP
ATIFMONKEY