Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fog Machine Help

gbp007

I want to get a fog machine so i can play around the house and be able to see the beams from the laser pointers that i have, especially my red and blue pointer, could someone point me in the right direction to a decent but not expensive fog machine that is in the 30 to 40 dollar range and that doesnt weight too many pounds ?

would any of these below be what im looking for ? -

http://www.amazon.com/Eliminator-Sm...chine/dp/B0006M59M6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]

Amazon.com: Fog Machine 400w w/ Remote: Clothing

http://www.amazon.com/First-Imperia...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276333436&sr=1-1

Last edited:

Those will all be fine tbh.
If you want you can get them around 15$ if you check craigs list
OR after Halloween go to party city /party usa i got mine some black lights and a few other stuff 75% off but me and my friends got the 50% from it being past Halloween we then asked an on duty employee to buy the stuff because they get another 25% off.
This can get you stuff for cheap and you don't have to pay shipping.
Almost any of them work just some you will want to learn to clean but they are simple and if they break you can repair them with some basic parts.
hope this helps.
mine btw is a 400watt and once it warms up one puff of smoke and thats more than enough to see any beam.

Things

Any fog machine will be fine really. I have 2 700W fog machines, and they'll fill up a big sports hall (with the help of a fan) no problems.

As for cleaning, you don't really need to worry about that unless you leave them sitting for long long long times.

gbp007

I ordered this one -http://www.amazon.com/Fog-Machine-400w-w-Remote/dp/B001S0DTHM

Im hoping i made the right choice.

You should get good fog from this one. I have a 400W fog machine and it will easily fog my entire basement with a few puffs, making even weak lasers like keychain reds become visible. You will enjoy having it.

JohnD

Does all fog juice eventually leave a thin film on everything in the room? I was thinking about getting a fog machine, but haven't yet due to hearing about the mess.

NEVER run one completely dry-- that happen to me but i was in luck as I still had the box and Spencers replaced(after two yrs!) it w/no probs(even w/o reciept.) Froggy's is a good brand of juice. The cheap stuff smells and is not too good for your fogger. IMO

After Hollween sales are a hot tip at major drugstores.

last tip-- I turn off ALL fans-a/c etc. to get the best 'wispy' efx -especially for tunnel and liq.sky.

hak

I want to get a fog machine so i can play around the house and be able to see the beams from the laser pointers that i have, especially my red and blue pointer, could someone point me in the right direction to a decent but not expensive fog machine that is in the 30 to 40 dollar range and that doesnt weight too many pounds ?

would any of these below be what im looking for ? -

]Amazon.com: Eliminator Small Application Fog Machine - EF-400: Electronics

Amazon.com: Fog Machine 400w w/ Remote: Clothing

Amazon.com: First Imperial 400-Watt Fog Machine with Remote: Electronics

I am a mobile DJ, and I have owned the all of those. I would recommend the eliminator one out of the 3, but truthfully, no $30 fog machine is going to last. Kind of like a DX laser. Cheap, amazing when you get it, but it will break quickly. I have a OmniSistem PyroFog Junior and my friend has a OmniSistem Pyrofog. They are both great, but they are expensive ($200 and $300). I realized I needed a better fog machine when I went through my 6th $30 fog machine. My friend and I now call them "disposable fog machines", they always break.

Fog machine, halloween, smoke machine, mini cheap fog machine, fog machine fluid, fogger

^^ look there, I recommend the site ^^

I will compare fog machine brands to laser brands

Eliminator - DX
American DJ (ADJ) - O-like
OmniSistem - Dragon Lasers
Antari - Wicked Lasers

I recommend OmniSistem. Guitar Center sells their products, and they offer prices better then ADJ and they have better products. I have a Antari snow machine. Yes, fake snow. It is amazing. Their machines are insane, if you have the money, get the Antari Hazer. You WILL get the BEST beam shots EVER with an Antari hazer.

To sum this up, I would go with this:
American DJ Fog Storm 700W Fog Machine

afaik--you can return a 'cheapie' to Spencers forever- pay once and renew it every two years--they do not test it when you bring the old one in for replacement--I use mine prolly prolly 1% as much as a DJ would.

keep the box

Another tip on fog machines.
Do not empty them out if you do not plan on using it for a while. Always keep the "fog juice" tank partially filled.
A lot of people think of them as gas engines, "if I empty out all the gas it can't go bad" Not true with F/M's.
This is the number one reason that they do not work after sitting for a few months or so.

gbp007

I have a bottle of eco juice american dj, which i will putting inside the fogger..eco juice is a quality brand for fog juice ?

Do be a bit careful about it leaving a film on the lens. Honestly you don't need THAT MUCH fog to get one hell of a beam to show up on most lasers. A lot of people fill the room and overdo it.

The fog "juice" is either glycol/glycerin or mineral oil which -will- leave a layer of goo if it's too "thick" in the room.

Folks, is there any joice that does not leave a layer of goo?
At least in very neglectible amounts?

With my new upoming scanner project, I'd hate to see my lightshows in basement, but I don't want my room to look like I've been smoking for 500 years.

Water vapor, if it doesn't have high mineral content. (If it does, it'll leave a powdery white film.)

Water vapor, if it doesn't have high mineral content. (If it does, it'll leave a powdery white film.)
The link the DJ gave us, I browsed around, they have some "Water-based" fog juice, with very low percentage of mineral impurities (claimed).
Is that what you're talking about?