Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Florida Laser Enthusiast Meeting

If at ALL possible attend FLEM- its not one of the bigger ones but for sure a great one.

Bring your cameras but be careful- pixels get burnt quickly and sometimes the camera lens is akin to looking at a laser with binocs.

Take care as you walk around- trip hazards are not uncommon- as we SHOULD know better and how to be careful.
LEMs are not actually a great place for young children so if you want to bring a minor please get with DZ to discuss-- also many wives and GFs attend these meetings but some may not be as enthusastic as forum members are.

bring stuff to sell--
good deals are there.
try to arrive as early as possible to help load-in and set up- pay close attention to all going on -it will be a good learning experience and questions at LEMs are welcome.

If you see someone at a laptop doing live show feel free to watch and maybe even get a chance to try your hand at this. SO dont be shy- keep asking if there is anything needed to be done. Try to stay until all is taken down and loaded up- no need to be a forum member or an owner of projector(s) to attend but you may leave FLEM a bit less interested in handhelds (which btw are OK to bring )...BUT do use them with EXTREME CARE- and NEVER outdoors at any LEM nor while a show is running PLEASE.

Make a point to more than just 'meet' all those there-- You will be making new friends that may someday be helpful to you. (or you to them) being in Florida where Pangolin is headquartered (Orlando) I think you can count on Pango being there- if they are doing any DEMOs it would be foolish to miss that-- (Please grab me some pango stickers and a XXX Pangolin shirt too)-- You may see some working on their PJs- a good time to watch and learn- some of these PJs were DIY made from scratch- something you may someday want to do so, again, dont be shy- there are NO dumb questions....these events are very laid back- - having a good time is expected. The guys who do the majority of the planning and work do all this for fun and love for lasershows-- so be sure to thank them in any ways you can, including buying them a drink or a meal.. BUT go easy on the drinking-
as accidents can happen so keep your wits about you. being on a tight budget I often bring food/drink from home with me to LEMs-

there may be more details about FLEM over at the 'meets n greets' section at PLeX- check out the threads from past FLEMs- or any LEMs- see the links of vids at SELEM FLEM etc at youtube-sign up as early as possible- this helps the organizers a lot and an early commitment to do FLEM IMO better insures your attendance.

While at FLEM I would suggest asking all there if they have plans to do SELEM 2014 in Aug- its the mack-daddy of all LEMs and a carpool from Fla. can help a lot with the major cost to many at SELEM-- the transportation to N.C. the rest will fall into place and costs can be kept low if you know the tricks-

I WILL be at FLEM perhaps only in spirit- but I will help in any way I can-- At SELEM many 'doorprizes' are handed out in a drawing- so consider bringing something with you that can be added to the prize pool at FLEM-(if they do a giveaway) --

+5 for my bud-DZ

hak

D

Deleted member 16589

Aw come on Guys y'all cant make it in the summer :(.
I have grandparents in Tavares, FL. I would maybe be able to stay with xD

These faces may be seen someday on the wall at the Post Office lol J/King

Attachments

• SELEM and MUGSHOTS 020.jpg
    SELEM and MUGSHOTS 020.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 229
  • SELEM and MUGSHOTS 025.jpg
    SELEM and MUGSHOTS 025.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 187
  • SELEM and MUGSHOTS 054.jpg
    SELEM and MUGSHOTS 054.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 238
If I am fully healed by then and have my projector then I will gladly make a trip up towards orlando ;)

I hope to be able to attend! We'll see how the budget lines up.

Is it just for one day?

EDIT: Posted this on the PL thread, reporting here so everyone's on the same page.

"Airfare looks fairly cheap. I'm tossing around the idea as I've needed a reason to go back home again, plus I've got family up in Panama City.

So with setup aside, this is a one-day event, right? If there was a second, or even third day, I'd undoubtedly be in.

Well, if I'd be able to meet with someone for a ride from airport to event center, then surely I'd be in for the trip.

Will toss this around for a day or two before I solidify a decision."

Last edited:

DJZ

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting some new folks! Regarding goggles, yes this is a byog event! Recommended but not required. Which is also why everyone signs waivers at the door. If you don't like loud music it's also recommended that you bring ear plugs!

Wish you could make it Hak!!!

If we can find a way of getting 3 phase there I'll bring a new toy, but not sure that will work out. There's plenty of 110 and 220 though.

Last edited:
Bloom If you fly into panama I would drive past it on my way there and could pick you up.

I'd be flying into Orlando.

Wouldn't Panama be pretty far away? If not, then yeah I can fly into Panama for a few days, then hitch a ride to the LEM.

Thanks DZ its always a treat to see you at SELEM- I WILL be sending the payment no matter what- I am happy to support FLEM even if I cannot attend (pay fwd) Maybe i can talk someone here to ride with me and maybe we can convince Brooks(KGB) in New Orleans to join us on the way there-

I had some chances to attend FLEM before but put it off- and that I regret- so all youse guys who CAN attend -- DO IT!! It does not matter one bit if you don't have 15,000$ kVANT TO BRING -you will be welcomed all the same. Handhelds as most know are addicting -well PJs especially ones you make yourself are MORE addictive and LEMs too can become an event you wont want to miss .. After my 1st SELEM in 2010 (AUG) I rented an empty wharehouse for $150 and the first Freeport TEXLEM happened in Nov. - three other projector owner/operators where there my local friends were awed to say the least and we had a grand time and just could not stop til 4 AM- (thanks to Platinum/300EVIL and his dad)-- Hope to see many of you nerdizzles at a LEM some day!!

hak

Last edited: