Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FlexMod P3 Replacement?

I understand that. We could put together group buys and order the PCBs?

That wouldn't be too hard really, there are websites that sell that service. Given the size of the boards it might not even be very costly. I'll look into it tonight and see what I can find..

Yeah - check out OSHpark.com. That's what I use for all of my boards. $5/sq. in. in sets of three.

Hell, I could do a redesign of the board, compactify it and use SMD components.

It's in that link.. doo eeet! I'd take 10 blanks right now if they were available.. There will always be a need for space for the large output resistor in series with the diode at high currents like 2-5A.

Last edited:
FYI
lava has a GB going on for P3s
there may be some FS at SELEM his is palnned to doa LSX demo there

AND all analog IS (basically)also ttl
but ttl only is NOT analog.

btw RD tech has been working on same project for some time now
I was asked to not a say that but i give up waiting .

sorry Mitch

benmwv

Id say keep it to220, so you can bolt it right on a heatsink. And definitely use the 1085!

ARG

You could use an SMD package if the board is one sided, then just bolt the PCB down onto a heatsink.

Through hole is still the better option most likely.

I always prefer flat options, so if that means making it one sided, I'd be okay with that. Adding a through-hole component makes the space the board takes up SO much bigger.

benmwv

How about this, put both. Put layout for the smd one, and at the edge of the board put three holes for the through hole one. This will hardly use any more space, but allows the to220 for high power. And you can keep it two sided.

Just picked up the chemicals for etching. My plan is to etch the board as shown in the diagrams for the purposes of testing, hope to have a working prototype by the end of the week if I can manage.