Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flashlight

I want to buy a flashlight for geocaching and for other uses. I would like it to be waterproof and float if dropped in water. Any suggestions on a good one? I don't want to bother with a headlamp because I would like to also use it like a normal flashlights when not geocaching.edit: Oh, forgot something. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a flashlight. I was thinking of under $30 if that is possible; not looking for the best of the best just a good one.

rhd

Don't take this the wrong way - I'm not actually trying to discourage you from using the forum.

However - with respect to flashlights, you might want to try asking your question at CPF. They're all about flashlights.

We're sort of "about flashlights" to the extent that we tear them apart and use their exoskeletons for ulterior purposes ;)
(and also to the extent that we're all nerds, and flashlights are still cool tech, so we probably all own a bunch ;))

Do you think PIE knows what CPF is exactly ? Can a link be posted,
to kinda point them in the right direction to find it ?

rhd

Right, good call:
Flashlight Reviews

Although in all honesty, I just typed "CFP Flashlight" into google to get that ^ result as top of the page ;)

Candlepower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CandlePowerForums and LaserPointerForums (CPF AND LPF) just seem to fit and have a nice ring to them.

Laser Forums and Flashlight Forums both sound lame and generic and don't have catchy abbreviations.

I made the assumption that the website was created when "candle power" was the preferred way to measure a flashlight's....light, instead of lumens.