Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flashlight Section

dvdg101 said:
Yeah, I was the first "No" in the poll. I think your intentions are good, but I just don't think it's a good idea. There's probably many reasons you can put to it, but my views still stand. This happens to be a laser pointer forum, and "a general light source forum" won't cut it in my opinion. It's too off-topic.

Also, I don't think computers are irrelevant because they are the platform we use to communicate about all this laser information and some people like using this platform for their own uses and such.

I still think a flashlight section would still be appropriate. If you go as far to say we use computers to communicate about lasers, you could also say you use light to communicate. LCD panels have florescent tubes, sometimes even LED lights in them now. Your house has lights that light up the room, so you can see your computers screen / keyboard / mouse etc. I know this is going a bit far, but you get the idea... LOL ;D

Both have very similarities parts and some things actually intersect. You guys often use flashlight hosts as laser hosts. I have seen people use flashlight drivers for lasers. Heatsinks are used in lasers and LED's.

If we post in the general OT section, it will get covered up by other threads. I'm very into flashlights and lasers and I think it would be great to have one source to go to for both topics. Again, you don't have to agree with me, this is simply my opinion.

More than 1/2 of the people that voted in the poll thought it was a good idea. "Not a Chance"?

jasonck08 said:
More than 1/2 of the people that voted in the poll thought it was a good idea.  "Not a Chance"?

You forget that there are 5810 registered members on LPF and only 21 bothered to vote...
and from the 5810 registered members only 12 members voted yes.... that's only 0.00206 %
of the forum that voted YES... ;)

Jerry

jasonck08 said:
More than 1/2 of the people that voted in the poll thought it was a good idea.  "Not a Chance"?
I accidentely voted for yes. Count one of the votes in yes to be no.

Lets keep this forum on topic. You wanna talk about flashlights? JOIN CPF!
This IS a [highlight]LASER[/highlight] forum!

Razako

We all know that it's a laser forum. What would it hurt adding a small flashlight section to the "off-topic" part of the forum? Either way it couldn't hurt.

Coherent said:
We all know that it's a laser forum.  What would it hurt adding a small flashlight section to the "off-topic" part of the forum?  Either way it couldn't hurt.
Meh...
We could talk about it in the geeks section, can't we?

Even though no one goes there

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
maybe we can combine flashlights with another section somehow

The only thing I would ever look for in the flashlight section is hosts for my lasers. I say let CPF have their flashlights, LPF their lasers. Wasn't this site founded on a split from CPF anyways?

murrat

We already have too much sections to read and I think we don't need a flashlight section.
You can check CPF for flashlights.
This is a laser forum and it also has off topic sections for discussing flashlights and such !
I say NO :cool: