Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Laserpointer and a lot of Questions

Hello Guys, i am the new ;)
At first, i want appoligise for my bad english, i am a Austrian!

I want buy me a good laserpointer :)
I have only little money, so 23$...

I thouth i buy my that: DealExtreme: $20.90 True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black
It looks really good, and strong ;)

This you say, that is the right choice?
Can it reallly pop ballons? And can light a match!

And why it isn´t good, to pot mod a green laser?
What is it really, that pot mod?

Thanks for Helping, MM

Grix

This is the best laser for it's price, I reccommend it very much!

http://ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm

Use the coupon "YABEPG" to get the price under $23

That should be able to pop a balloon, but not light match. You need 100+ for that. It got a very bright beam in the dark.
You can not pot-mod lasers nowadays, it will just break

Moptsp

This is the best laser for it's price, I reccommend it very much!

http://ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm

Use the coupon "YABEPG" to get the price under $23

That should be able to pop a balloon, but not light match. You need 100+ for that. It got a very bright beam in the dark.
You can not pot-mod lasers nowadays, it will just break

What if you used a lens to focus it down to like 1/10 the size, or would it no longer be enough surface area?

-Moptsp

is this not the same as that, i linked?

and why is this better?

and the laserpointer i posted, can pop ballons (with the black dot) and light a match, on a video there...

why it will doesnot burn?
rg

and a lens is a very good idee...
but i have too less money, i guess...

Dieser Laser sie haben nicht Licht ein Spiel weil seine Macht ist zu niedrig ist. Er kann sich jedoch Pop ein Ballon. $23 sie nicht um einen geeigneten Laser, beides zu tun. Grix hat ein Link auf eine gute Laser, können POP Ballons und eine bessere Qualität dann diejenigen, die Sie haben uns gezeigt. Ich hoffe, Sie verstehen! :D

This laser you have provided is unable to light a match because its power is too low. It can however pop a balloon. At $23 you are not going to find a suitable laser to do both. Grix has provided a link to a good laser that will be able to pop balloons and is better quality then the ones you have shown us. I hope you understand this! :D

cool, someone who can spell german except me :)

i thought 50mW = 50mW but it is not, understand i it right?
and when it costs the same money, i would buy the better, that he said ;)

thanks for helping me, its really nice from you!
and thanks for the coupon!

range is about 1500m ??? really? this is very far!

is it dangerous, when i point at a surface from an other people? does it hurt?

and what is pot mod exactly?
and why it is so worse for green lasers?

and can i make a good seeing point when the room is very light?

and for how many money more i get a really good laserpointer, but it should not hurts on the surface, when i point to someone!
maybe i get some extra money from my parants, please suggest my some :)

i saw yet, at your review bobhaha (http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/rayfoss-host-50mw-o-like-green-review-tut-42234.html), that is really cool, that beam! and so strong and fat o_O
can i get so a beam like yours, without modifikation? because i am not a very good electrican, and cannot good english ;)

rg

Last edited:

Lasher

MasterM,

I have the Ledshoppe 50mw myself and it does not burn when I point it at my skin but as a general rule I would not recomend pointing any laser at someone else. Just one slip with that 50mw and they get hit in the eye and are damaged for life.

You are correct that 50mw is 50mw but that does not mean that all companies lasers are really doing 50mw.

The ledshoppe 50 has eared a good rep around here for being at or above the 50mw mark and for the money very hard to beat.

A pot mod to put in in layman's terms is just a way of using the small adjustment that controls the power to the laser to turn it up higher than it was ment to be run at.

Its my understanding that you used to be able to do this with older lasers because they were built in a different more robust way and were often not set to there full potential. Now with newer lasers they are already set at there peak output (or even pushed beyond it) already and if you crank them up even more you will either destroy the laser first time you push the button or greatly shorten the life of it and turn it into a nice paper weight.

As far as seeing the dot in a lit room yes the green dot from mine you can see outside very clearly even with the sun shining.

Hope this helps and Welcome to the forum. :)

Lasher

ok, thanks very much!

and i be very safery, i wont lit at someones face! i want only to be sure, if i lit to some school-kollegs, and i really wont it.

ok, than i get these.

and that i dont have to mod it is good ;)

and when you see it, it is very good, because in school there is it usefull, when a other one doesnot know, where we are, at a projection on the wall :D

it helps a much, thanks :D

EDIT:
"I want a cheap, super bright green laser that I can see the beam on!"
This is a common question asked, and my best recommendations for a cheap, bright green laser is the DX 30mW Green Laser This is the best deal you will ever find for a new 30mW greenie, and it will be plenty bright for a first laser. At night the beam will be extremely bright, some nights you can even point the dot at clouds. And unlike what the description says, there is an IR filter in the laser, so there is no dangerous IR spewing out all over the place. This laser might even be able to pop balloons if you get one of the more powerful units. For $25, you can't go wrong with this laser.

when a 30mW makes a beam (this is the line from pointer to point, or?) makes this 50mW also a beam, or?
rg

Last edited:
$13.86 New Keychain Green Beam Laser Pointer Pen Flashlight 30mW/50mW - BudgetGadgets.com

User review here;

YouTube - 50mW Green Laser Handheld from BudgetGadgets

I also like focal price. Been using this next one for the last 2 weeks. It shines off the clouds.

YouTube - 30mW 2x AA Green Laser from FocalPrice (Only $15!)

styropyro has great reviews

buyincoins is still no good. My returned item still has yet to be replaced.
omg! this is awesome :D

the video is cool, why they shot off the streetlight!
but it cant make anything on a concrete wall, makes black points, or?

i have decided to took the DX one!
there are good revs here, and from the ledshoppe i didnt found any :(

now i thought on some else:
i want to have an extra one, who is very very cheap!
and that i will pot mod so much, that it can light matches!
the life-time from that is not a problem!

can you tell me some cheap and easy to mod?

greez

Ältere Versionen von Lasern pflegten, hoch Pumpe-Laser, wo umgekehrt, angetrieben zu haben, so waren niedrigere Macht-Niveaus erreichbar! Diese Laser konnten Topf modded und getrieben an höheren Macht-Reihen sein, dass sie für .... dafür entworfen wurden, ist das nicht der Fall mehr!! Es gibt einige Rezensionen auf diesem Forum, das erklärt, welche Laser sie Topf modded, und wie viel sie davon kamen.. den Suchknopf verwenden, um nach jenen Fäden zu suchen! Ich denke, dass Sie sparen und dazu verpflichten sollten, einen höheren Macht-Laser zu kaufen, anstatt Zeittopf modding zu vergeuden.

hoffen Sie, dass half, und Sie das verstehen!!-Adrian

Older versions of lasers used to have high powered pump lasers where turned down so lower power levels were achievable! These lasers could be pot modded and driven at higher power ranges that they were designed for.... this is not the case anymore!! There are a few reviews on this forum explaining which lasers they pot modded and how much they got from it.. use the search button to look for those threads! I think you should save up and commit to buying a higher power laser, instead of wasting time pot modding.

hope that helped, and you understand this!! -Adrian

ohh...

year, it sounds clear...

but i thought on buy one for the dairy usage, but not strong, becaue i wont hurt anyone or so!
and i have no googles witch are ir-filtered, and i cant use they in school!

and for impress friends, i want have a pointer who is really strong, and so i thought i buy a cheap and pot mod it!

and i found some tuts, i look at these, when i am out of school today

ohh...

and another question:
can i use the laserpointer too, when it is really cold outside (-10°C/14°F orso)

or could it damage the laser diode?
and can i took it in my schoolback, when it is so cold, or is storing at that temperatures also a bad idee?

and can it take damage when it goes fast from cold to warm? (outside to inside the school) ?

rg

laeser

Ältere Versionen von Lasern pflegten, hoch Pumpe-Laser, wo umgekehrt, angetrieben zu haben, so waren niedrigere Macht-Niveaus erreichbar! Diese Laser konnten Topf modded und getrieben an höheren Macht-Reihen sein, dass sie für .... dafür entworfen wurden, ist das nicht der Fall mehr!! Es gibt einige Rezensionen auf diesem Forum, das erklärt, welche Laser sie Topf modded, und wie viel sie davon kamen.. den Suchknopf verwenden, um nach jenen Fäden zu suchen! Ich denke, dass Sie sparen und dazu verpflichten sollten, einen höheren Macht-Laser zu kaufen, anstatt Zeittopf modding zu vergeuden.

hoffen Sie, dass half, und Sie das verstehen!!-Adrian

Ohhh, that´s really ugly! Which engine is giving this translation? My English is not the best, but backwards it would give again the following:

Older versions of lasers take care, high pump lasers, where inverse, driven to, so lower power levels were reachable! This lasers can be driven cooking pot be at higher power niveau reachable, as they for... constructed for, is not the case any more.

Pohh, I stop here :D

German for "Run aways" - Deutsch für "Fortgeschrittene"

Regards,

laeaser

Last edited: