Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Few things for sale - Open to trades!

Re: Few things for sale

Bump and a small update.

The Ti-B is now available again. The buyer was having issues with paypal so I offered using a money order as payment. The Money order never arrived and I seem to have lost touch with him. I need to get stuff sold so it's for sale again.

hnnggg I want that Ti. So badly.
edit: PM most definitely sent.

Last edited:

Hmmmmmm, I'm quite sure that according to the replys to this thread that I expressed interest in the Ti-b before crazyspaz :)

Perhaps Jeffrey can check his pms and see who PM'ed him first all those weeks ago :)

I am still most definitely interested.

Another PM sent ;)

Pman

Saw this as soon as he said it was available again but didn't have the money myself. Just a classy unit regardless of output. Never should have been on hold so long. You're either serious or not and need to have your ducks in a row when you call dibs.

Last edited:

Hot damn this is a beautiful laser. I expected it to be heavy because of the titanium, but I didn't expect just how amazing it feels in the hand-- and looks, for that matter! Also the most interesting 532 I have very had- nice and bright, but after maybe a minute of run time it is noticeably warm and flicks to a much lower output without warning. I certainly don't mind though, because this thing is AMAZING! Thanks Jeff :D +rep

edit: one gripe is the tailcap. Why would JL think this was a good idea? I may sent it to ehgemus to machine it a bit to allow a normal clicky.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Crazy, welcome to the Ti-B family. It's hard to explain just how that titanium host feels in your hand until you have one; in my opinion, they are amazing!

I would wait a little while before modifiying the tailcap, it kind of grows on you.
I'm sure you know that it can also be used as a momentary switch just by leaving it a little loose, then pressing the button.

Last edited:

It's an amazing laser for sure. Titanium is actually closer to steel in hardness but its half as light. The curves on it feel great and as you mentioned its not as heavy as you would think. I didn't really have time to get you a LPM graph but in my testing it peaks a little over 200mW on a fresh cell and drops to about 150-180mW after 30 seconds or so. Titanium isn't really thermally conductive so it doesn't wick away the heat fast enough which is why you'll get some instability during operation. Another thing to point out is this is a 150mW rated unit. JL didn't make many of these because they were riddled with issues due to the small host and thermal issues. Which is why most people have 100mW rated units; more stable.

There were some issues initially when Hakzaw1 got this laser so it had to be rebuilt. Now its good :). Its a little disappointing theres no Jetlasers logo on it but its worth mentioning that this was one of the last lasers feom the original first batch and I "think" it may have been one of Grey's personal lasers but I could be thinking wrong. Its been a while since Len told me the story.

Lastly the tailcap is designed to both be Momentary and Continuous. You can push the end of the tailcap for momentary or screw it all the way down for continuous operation. I oiled it a bit to make the momentary button a little easier to push.

Oh and the laser is also focusable.

Hakzaw1 may still have one or two of these if anyone is interested. Just send him a message. Though he does not ship internationally.

Last edited:

....You're either serious or not and need to have your ducks in a row when you call dibs.

Seems to be a common issue, not just on LPFs

I think LPF is better than most about it though

Last edited:

On the off or whatever chance if that TiB still hasn't found a home I will take it immediately. :p

Both Gray and Hak are class acts. I had an issue with one TiB from the original GB, and got a replacement without any issues. The laser is still going strong, but frankly it's the host that I love.

On the off or whatever chance if that TiB still hasn't found a home I will take it immediately. :p

Both Gray and Hak are class acts. I had an issue with one TiB from the original GB, and got a replacement without any issues. The laser is still going strong, but frankly it's the host that I love.

Sorry, but it's mine :eg:
Wish the duty cycle was a bit longer, because it is the perfect host and wavelength/power combo!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Sorry, but it's mine :eg:
Wish the duty cycle was a bit longer, because it is the perfect host and wavelength/power combo!

Yes, hold on to that one, it's definitely a keeper! The J/L Ti-B's don't change hands much these days. :D

Is yours one of the early ones with the 14500 battery, or does it have the 16650 battery in it?

Last edited:

Yep its the earlier 14500. I know at least one person has put a different diode in theirs before, I cant decide if I want a 520 in it or not. I would love a high wavelength 462, but I really want a single mode diode in it if anything. Decisions, decisions :)

Now accepting trade offers. Laser stuff or other cool stuff too!

Bumping it up there! Don't be afraid to ask questions or make offers. The worst I could say is no.