Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER: XPL lasers RG:yellow with single mode diodes.

What time frame are you looking at on these, and what does that compare to if I ordered one from XPL with a LPF discount today?

I'm interested in one of the units, and if it isn't too much longer of a wait, I'd like to go with one of the single mode variety.

Not sure right now, since it's only in the feeler stage. It would be comparable in price to one of the 200mW ones, however it would have higher output and much much better beam quality. You know the bad reputation that multimode 635s have, try combining that with the near perfect beam of a DPSS 532nm, and you have two beams that do not work very well together. There's a build on the yellow lasers category, it might be a sticky, which uses 2 single mode diodes and the beam looks perfect.

I mentioned this on the first XPL feeler thread on 6/26 that two single mode diodes would work better for this than the DPSSL and multimode 635nm.

http://www.osram-os.com/Graphics/XPic9/00206515_0.pdf/PLT5 510.pdf

Yes the PLT5-510 is in fact 10mw, I am aware of this and I still want it. It seems to have the best chance at being a lower blueshifted wavelength. I am not looking for power here, I am looking for color options.
If this diode is not obtainable for me via this group buy I can see if I can go it alone. I'm not trying to make this difficult, I just don't want high power.

http://www.osram-os.com/Graphics/XPic9/00206515_0.pdf/PLT5 510.pdf

Yes the PLT5-510 is in fact 10mw, I am aware of this and I still want it. It seems to have the best chance at being a lower blueshifted wavelength. I am not looking for power here, I am looking for color options.
If this diode is not obtainable for me via this group buy I can see if I can go it alone. I'm not trying to make this difficult, I just don't want high power.

I/we can just order 2 different diodes for you, no big deal. I'll talk to Peng and see if what it will cost. I imagine it won't be an issue but you never know.

Eracoy

I guess I'll go ahead and commit to one. I really look forward to these if/when they are built. I wonder, is there any possibility of a single mode RB:V? Perhaps with a single mode 450nm and 635/638?

I guess I'll go ahead and commit to one. I really look forward to these if/when they are built. I wonder, is there any possibility of a single mode RB:V? Perhaps with a single mode 450nm and 635/638?

That would be nice, but i dont want this to get too complicated, unless the person that takes it over can deal with all that (i cant actually do the GB, since im going on vacation soon, so someone will have to take over... which im still waiting for someone to contact me about this).

I'm interested in one of these R+G.
Also, are you selling PL520's by their lonesome michael? I would be interested in a few.

I'm interested in one of these R+G.
Also, are you selling PL520's by their lonesome michael? I would be interested in a few.

Ok, ill add you to the list. And no, theres really no point, as im just getting them from ebay and having them shipped to XPL. i could go for a supplier (that was my previous plan) but there were other fees and then i discovered that ebay was pretty much the same price but no additional charges.

Last edited:

Pman

Ya know, I never tested to see which red it has for some reason. If I remember I'll check tomorrow.

I am really interested in seeing how you guys do with this. Especially wondering what those who own an actual 589nm think.

Last edited:
Ya know, I never tested to see which red it has for some reason. If I remember I'll check tomorrow.

Ok, thanks! i also contacted CNI and they are testing to see what power ratio is best for 635nm and 515nm.

UPDATE: i just got info from CNI, they tested with the wavelengths i plan on using, and they found that 80mW of 515nm and 220mW of 635nm provided the best yellow for them, so im assuming that 200mW 635nm, and 70mW of 515nm would probably be best for us.

UPDATE: i just got info from CNI, they tested with the wavelengths i plan on using, and they found that 80mW of 515nm and 220mW of 635nm provided the best yellow for them, so im assuming that 200mW 635nm, and 70mW of 515nm would probably be best for us.

I used a calculator. My request of 5mw would be 13.75mw of 635

70mw:192.5mw

Source: Ratio Calculator

I used a calculator. My request of 5mw would be 13.75mw of 635

70mw:192.5mw

Source: Ratio Calculator

Yes, 72.25mw of 515 for 200mW of 635nm is the exact number I got, however you can't be that precise since diodes vary individually. I'm looking into what current to set them at, and I don't even know what type of optical losses we are dealing with, so it's only an estimate.