Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER: XPL lasers RG:yellow with single mode diodes.

It's likely to be possible, I'll see if there's a cheaper red diode for you then. The cheapest green diode is the PLT5 510, and it can achieve 5mw, and I imagine a 15-20mW red should be easy to find. Along with optical losses it would probably bring the output to ~20mW.

And yes, we can wait. This won't be for a while.

I for sure want 638(or 635) and 515nm (or under if possible).
Count me in at this point.

I for sure want 638(or 635) and 515nm (or under if possible).
Count me in at this point.

Nice!

Also, (this is to everyone not just you trend, so dont feel like im pressuring you or anything XD) I added to the original post that I might have difficulty going through with this, so if someone else can offer to purchase and distribute the lasers that would be nice. PM me for details.

This is great, a RG-Y that uses 520nm instead of 532nm so the beams don't have such drastically different widths. Count me in

Make my Green the PLT5-510 please. After looking at THIS thread and the replies I don't see how I could ask for anything else :)

Make my Green the PLT5-510 please. After looking at THIS thread and the replies I don't see how I could ask for anything else :)

Yeah, I think that's the diode well use,no reason not to zinc wits much cheaper and provides the same power, but a slightly lower wavelength.

Where did you guys see the PLT5-510 doing 100mW? I've read that thread and seen nothing about 100mW.

Sta

Where did you guys see the PLT5-510 doing 100mW? I've read that thread and seen nothing about 100mW.

I was under the impression that it could do 100mW. But after looking at the datasheet it seems clear that the PL520 is our best bet (for the 250mW+ RG:Y.)

I was under the impression that it could do 100mW. But after looking at the datasheet it seems clear that the PL520 is our best bet (for the 250mW+ RG:Y.)

In the PLT5 GB (at the time called the 515nm diode, just search "515nm diode group buy") scroll to around page 24, pman did some tests with it and recorded ~115mw.

EDIT: here's the link to the post: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/g...ge-starts-10th-july-93713-24.html#post1377983

Last edited:
I'd prefer that to the multimode.

I'm in.

BTW, what about the RB-M? Arent' those Multimode also?

I'd prefer that to the multimode.

I'm in.

BTW, what about the RB-M? Arent' those Multimode also?

I beleive so but It would get too complicated if we did RB aswell, you can certaintly contact XPL, and set it up so that your laser is sent with the same package to be distributed.

That's another diode, which is officially rated 30mW. This one is rated 10mW.

Ah, I see, i figured it was the same thing under a different name. Well, I can get that diode for a similar price, so no worries there.

Last edited:
I beleive so but It would get too complicated if we did RB aswell, you can certaintly contact XPL, and set it up so that your laser is sent with the same package to be distributed.

Ah, I see, i figured it was the same thing under a different name. Well, I can get that diode for a similar price, so no worries there.

Well definitely want the RG-Y

Will worry about RB-M later :)

Subbed... I want to see where this goes. And maybe when this is getting close to happening I'll actually have some play money by then!
Either way, great idea! +rep

Eracoy

What time frame are you looking at on these, and what does that compare to if I ordered one from XPL with a LPF discount today?

I'm interested in one of the units, and if it isn't too much longer of a wait, I'd like to go with one of the single mode variety.