Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler for Jetlasers Group buy #11 NOW ONGOING!! post your choices and comments TYVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snecho

ah thats unfortunate :/
From my reading its seems that the decanned diodes may have reduced life expectancy.
I think Kakis was saying the diode they use is gball by default, but it is unknown whether JL de-canned it or not.
Go to post #2 to see prices for the Group Buy 2020 .
From what I'm reading, a 1W 520nm PL-E Mini is $180?? 😲

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Len, congratulations on reaching the 10,000 post milestone, that puts you up there with a small group of long time vets!!! 🍺 🍻

PS - You're not old, just wise. (y)

Snecho

Yeah, I saw yesterday you hit exactly 10,000 posts. Congrats!

You're not old, you're a classic ;)

Snecho

UPDATE WITH,,,

GREAT NEWS!!~

Just heard back from our super friend Gray.

JL will honor 2020 coupon which gives us ANOTHER 5% off.

SO.. if you are wanting a laser around $200 (after being lower via the GB) you get another $10usd off. SO lower prics + lower cost to ship to you by me plus the 2020 coupon AND avoiding Paypal (you will need to pay the 5% fee will help you). That will save you about $30 on shipping (I can ship to you (CONUSA) for about $8 ) WE will split evenly the cost of shipping all to me from JL in one box.

wow .
Gray tells me that presently JL is shipping now using Fed Ex.
But still like USPS/EMS for boxes going from USA to China

afaik FedEx offer a better or same price and like DHL are quick and safe.

I have conveyed our thanks to Gray & JL.

I inquired about the extra battery tube for PL-Es and MINI PL-Es .
I asked about price and what is in stock and if we can get them in neither black and/or silver.

These will allow us to use 2 18650s instead of the much more expensive pair of 16340s etc.

AND I will give everyone a pair of good 18650s harvested from LapTop PC batt packs.
IF you search YTube will get everything you need to do the harvest yourself.. like how to meter mAs and other tips.

Wish I had been able to see these long ago when I broken open my first pack and did not take enough to learn how to do that w/o cutting a finger and getting a shock too.

There are a few tips.. aside from going slow.

....like finding the hidden seam where you need to cut with an exacto knife.... it is often under a pasted-on lable and between that batts. The metal bands that connect the batts is quite sharp so be careful.

I try to do this w/o ANY damage to each batteries plastic coating--as if you do not the possiblity of shorting is greater. I have given lots of free batts and will do that again for all GB buys.

IF you are OCD or fussy or have lots of extra $$$.
Got to ebay-- and buy a new batt pack to get the batts. A few have as many as 18650s inside. BUT never allow any seller include even free 18650s. In most cases the seller will get the cheapest they can find and if opened and inspected you sure do NOT want anyone 'trying out' your laser(s)-- WAY too many possible problems- like reverse polarity-no duty/resting-no use of eye protection and much more.

Since these larger PCs are not really being offered---( as the small ones or note pads have less or smaller Li-ions) , the prices on batt packs are now lower.

For very little I get ebay empty 18650 housings that can be very useful-- if your cellfone is in need of a charge or other USB device needs one-- these are just what you need when not home etc. Aside from those you can get ones taking 2-3-4 or even more 18650s...

...warning- some of the lowest priced housings are NOT complete.. You need more than just the batts-- not a good thing IMHO. IF you are not 100% sure messg, the seller to be positive. Some sellers offer many sizes... so order several-- ALL will still make just 5 vdc but, of course the larger ones will last much longer.
.. when I visit PC repair shops I always give everyone working there a free one--

Some will also save old CD HDs and I use the discs as FS mirrors. Some however, are worried about someone getting info from these and will not give any away. I understand that.
But doing that is WAY beyond my skills---lol

See the YTube tutorials-- EVERYTHING you need to know can be found. One had a big plastic batt storge holders w/ hundreds of 18650s they had harvested-- some at YTube show how to make your own batt pack for motorized bicycles etc. You can make a charger for your drones too.

REMEMBER that lithiums can be very dangerous- fires and explosions have happened-- I keep mine inside a mini 'bunker' made from six 4 inch cement blocks out under my car port- I keep them away from touching one another in plastic boxes-- to be very certain that they will not short out or get wet. ALSO only use a smart charger NOT one that will keep charging when it is no longer necessary. see the vids-- be safe!!

good luck

Len
That's very awesome Hak!

Can I please ask you, is the price for a 1W 520nm PL-E Mini $180 +$8 shipping +5% off through this group buy?

I am only guessing and say no.
Never had any Sanwu but I always promote them as another great laser brand --

Last edited:
@hakzaw1 - just a heads-up, trying to get in touch with Gray on a custom JL to see if it can be grouped into your GB - he has not replied to my email yet, but it's only been a day :unsure:

Also definitely eyeing that 1W 520nm Mini - any ideas as to which 520nm diode they use?

Lastly, are all of the PL-E Pro offerings only available in Silver? Your post #2 in this thread seems to indicate so - black for Mini, silver for Pro?

Yeah, I'm not asking for a custom build at GB prices - merely to combine the shipping costs and such (and see if my LPM agrees with yours!). Actually, I'm asking Gray to give me whatever price he thinks is reasonable for my request - a blank check, so to speak ;) I just wanted to give you a heads-up that I may be adding to your GB without explicitly ordering a laser off of your post #2 🍻

I mostly ask about the diodes since I'm a DPSS guy myself, I'm not super familiar with the 520nm diodes currently on the market. I just see that DTR offers 4 different 520nm diodes on his website that are all >900mW, sooo :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.