Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Feeler for Jetlasers Group buy #11 NOW ONGOING!! post your choices and comments TYVM

hakzaw1

IDKFS----BUT
1) Could be one that JL only has one or so ATM have in stock ==he may be saving those 800s for us.
2) the one listed may have been earlier as less power 'just Spec' is not how Gray 'rolls'
3) an oversight or the new diode greens are more profit.
4) a 1 W 532 ,IMO, Gray would like it to make ~1200mW when new... so those may have been the 1Wers relisted.
there are a few 'typos or conflicting numbers' at the JL store

I will ask Gray about that and perhaps he will bin a few 532s and be sure you get a keeper--okay?

IF I were looking at the beam of a 600mW next to an 800 mW--telling the diff would not be easy==(w/o LPM) more like a guess .
Gray has his own LPM- (I sent him to Jerry for a nice LBee LPM.)

Are you sure you can handle 1000mW???

JK

Len

Last edited:

styropyro

Thanks for the info! In that case put me down for a 800mW 532nm PL-E Mini, but if they only go to 600mW I'll settle for that! Yeah I realize the brightness difference is pretty negligible, but 800mW of 532nm in a host that size would be a bit of a feat in itself so I can't help but want it. :)

Also put me down for a 520- 700mW Yamataka and a 10X beam expander!

trephanation

Hi hak,

Interested in a PL-E Mini at either 1.6W 465nm or 5W 445nm, still have to decide. Will send PM and email as well. Thanks

hakzaw1

JL does not want me to pay for GB JLs using PPal.. nor can any GB buyer pay directly to JL for his or her buy. sry

hakzaw1

sorry
sent that to another buyer by mistake....my bad

hakzaw1

USPS MOs are cheap ($1.99) and very safe- just add my name and mail 1st class or better.
I will get final prices soon- and you can still buy or not.
The 2020 coupon WILL work for us on lasers.

iF i MAY SAY..
the PL-E Pro is really too big- have you seen one??
and it is large REALLY LARGE--SCARY BIG--as big as Crocdundee's fricken big knife
WITH its BE it is too long to snap close the Camo Sheath that JL offers FS
this can be ordered along with what else you want-- and no additional ship cost.
the battery extension tube can ONLY be used with JL minis or Pro Pl-Es that work on 7vdc
NOT the ones using 4vdc.. in other words --IF your JL takes 2 pcs 18340/16340 or similar pair of
3.7 vdc Li-ions you can use two 18650s I will apply to get every buyer the extra tube--you may like to have it for another JL laser (7vdc) you have or may get later.
as THEY COME AFAIK the JL tubes cannot be used on other lasers.

I am tempted to NOT do this- IMHO it is sudden death if used on the wrong JL. AND that would NOT be covered by the JL warranty.. OK?
Protected or 'button-top' 18650s are longer than NON protected or 'flat top' batts.
In order to allow either batt(s) a spacer magnet is placed between the two flat top batts==EXTRA care is required to be absolutely sure that the magnet cannot possibly touch the inside of the batt tube.

ATM none of the free 18650s I add will be protected cells. I use a small piece of scotch tape to insulated the magnet/batts

FAILURE to do that and the laser dies, this will NOT be covered

all JLS take the batt w/ positive end at the rear- (case positive like most of dpss 532greens)- i use an ultra fine tip black sharpie and make + near the spring and inside the rear of the tube----WHEN IN DOUBT--LEAVE THE BATT(S) OUT--NEVER GUESS. Doing that may be about the same as firing a gun to see if it is loaded

I

Last edited:

brendon7358

Why can't we just PayPal you the money, and you do money order or whatever to jetlasers? Could even send it as a gift so there is no risk of a dispute against your account. I am not sending money by money order, it's an unnecessary hassle with all the other options available.

hwang21

I'm in the same boat, PP/Venmo or I'd rather not join this GB unfortunately... I'm fine with sending PP as friends/family if that helps

A few questions for Len/Gray:

1) did we confirm a 800mW 532nm PL-E Mini in black? If so, put me down for one. If the Mini only goes to 600mW, then put me down for the PL-E Pro 532nm 800mW in black. Either way, I would like the matching 10X BE

2) Can you ask Gray what diodes are used for 405nm and 520nm? I may be interested in one of each color, but it depends on what diodes/lenses they're using

Thanks for setting up the GB Len 🍻

Snecho

Why can't we just PayPal you the money, and you do money order or whatever to jetlasers? Could even send it as a gift so there is no risk of a dispute against your account. I am not sending money by money order, it's an unnecessary hassle with all the other options available.
I'm in the same boat, PP/Venmo or I'd rather not join this GB unfortunately... I'm fine with sending PP as friends/family if that helps
From what I'm reading, Hak takes PayPal but sends the total order to JL via bank transfer. Idk for 100% though.

Would also be interested in seeing if a 800mW (measured 1W) 532nm Mini is available.

gecko991

I just got
in a PL Pro from gray and yes it is a huge host. Used PayPal direct transfer.

brendon7358

I really like the pl-e pro. A big host let's you know it's a powerful laser. Also more heatsinking is always nice. The only thing that's annoying is the battery but you can always use a sleeve so you can use 18650.

gecko991

I agree Brandon. The host is massive long, I just ordered another Pelican case just for this monster. Beautiful work though all around and my focus ring is incredible. I got a 465nm in 3.5w, have not metered it yet but will post a stability graph run. They make awesome Lasers and Gray is outstanding.