Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler Extremely efficient boost circuits

treb76

I'm assuming you're talking about the case pin. I know it doesn't have to be soldered to gnd, but if it's not, how does the circuit reach the battery neg? :-?

EDIT: Didn't see BT- in the pic ::)

treb76

Isn't that the same thing as connecting the neg pin to the case pin thereby making it case neg, while still connecting neg pin to LD- on the driver?

The Case of the 803t is not GND the negative pin is isolated. So the case wiould be GND on the diode but it wont effect it because the pin is isolated.

I'm interested in these boosters as well.
Do you have a "safe" input range for the voltage? It sounds perfect for a single 1.5 volt battery, but I wanted to use a 3 volt host, or perhaps more. What's the highest recommended input voltage?
Thank you,
Matthew.

Up to 5v is the max.

Info: These may be on hold for a while longer( I know you all probably hate me now) Because I have school work, tons of it this is a spare time thing.

At that point he might as well just have the boards manufactured and assembled (which I'd definitely buy).  I think toked323 is only planning on printing a handful of boards himself due to time constraints.

toked323 said:
well it would last super long

Would it really last any longer than one of my 2500mAh, 1.2V Ni-Mh batteries? Is there mathematical equation to figure out effective battery life, on a relative scale? Just with given units, not specific time. Like (V / 0.3 * mAh) = units. Is there one, or can you come up with one?

icey said:
i have a build planned out for this, i cant wait! :p
Same here. I'm keeping a close eye on this thread. The board size is perfect; no trimming of the pcb is required. The current price is also reasonable. I'm looking to get a 100ma preset one when things have been figured out.
"EDIT: Price would be about 20$+1.50$ shipping each

Where can you go to get PCB's assembled cheaply?  I've been pricing this board out recently since it seems like toked232 doesn't have much free time, and the cheapest I've found is an order of 50 of these guys to break even at that price, and 100 to pull a profit.  Do any of you have contacts in the PCB assembly business?

If these things didn't require two QFN-style solder junctions (pinless joints), I'd make one for myself...but this design requires reflow soldering (e.g. place the board in a toaster oven), which I'm not about to try.