Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[FEELER] CNI GLP <5mW 561nm & other wavelength's

As promised. November 1st is here(already!!!! :D) & it's time for me to update this thread to see who is still participating!

I will be sending PM's to everyone currently on the "interest" list & will update as I receive replies.

I am also looking for someone to take payments for this GB if of course we have enough interest. Payments should be around December/January!

-Alex

Last edited:

I thought they won't ship to the USA.

They won't ship anything over 5mW starting next year which is why it would be best if we can get someone to collect payments & get everything sorted out before then.

Unfortunately, I along with others(Im guessing) won't have the money until after Christmas so it's going to be a tight window indeed. I sent CNI an email yesterday asking how much shipping would be & how many options they offered, so I will update the OP as soon as I get that information. I will also ask if this GB carries over into 2015 if 5mW+ versions could still be shipped.

-Alex

They won't ship anything over 5mW starting next year which is why it would be best if we can get someone to collect payments & get everything sorted out before then.

Unfortunately, I along with others(Im guessing) won't have the money until after Christmas so it's going to be a tight window indeed. I sent CNI an email yesterday asking how much shipping would be & how many options they offered, so I will update the OP as soon as I get that information. I will also ask if this GB carries over into 2015 if 5mW+ versions could still be shipped.

-Alex

Oh I thought they couldn't ship lasers that are more than 5mw before and after 2015.:thanks:

Frankly they're not supposed to be shipping anything over 5 mW even now. and I would bet that a large package full of stuff coming from China like that will be investigated. I do believe CNI is on the watchlist for customs now. But just my 2 cents.

Frankly they're not supposed to be shipping anything over 5 mW even now. and I would bet that a large package full of stuff coming from China like that will be investigated. I do believe CNI is on the watchlist for customs now. But just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input kaiser, I agree. True 50mW's of 589nm is becoming harder to find nowadays with all the regulations put in place :(

@wolverine You are really in a tight spot. You could get a 50mW from DL but risk having it be under-spec, or you could go along with this GB and risk it being taken by customs. If I were you I would just wait a while & see if things get better with DL, I don't want you to risk losing a $400+ laser due to customs!

-Alex

Last edited:
Thanks for the input kaiser, I agree. True 50mW's of 589nm is becoming harder to find nowadays with all the regulations put in place :(

@wolverine You are really in a tight spot. You could get a 50mW from DL but risk having it be under-spec, or you could go along with this GB and risk it being taken by customs. If I were you I would just wait a while & see if things get better with DL, I don't want you to risk losing a $400+ laser due to customs!

-Alex

This leaves me with a discernment... Thank you guys for helping me. I honestly don't know what to do. This made me realize the difficulty of buying lasers. :thanks:

CNI replied in regards to shipping + Insurance:

Dear Alex,
For the 13pcs laser pointer, the shipping cost and insurance charge will be USD255.00.
It is better that we send the laser pointers to Canada direclty.
If you will buy the pointers for Christmas, please confirm the order asap, due to we will need time to produce the laser pointers.
Hope to get reply from you asap.

-Alex

rhd

Why is it more expensive to buy a GLP in this group buy, than to buy a rebranded GLP in the form of a Rigel, from LaserGlow?

Why is it more expensive to buy a GLP in this group buy, than to buy a rebranded GLP in the form of a Rigel, from LaserGlow?

What exactly do you mean rhd? I don't have a Rigel listed. I only have the PGL-III-C version of 593.5.

Edit: If you are talking about the 589 pointer it's cheaper. LaserGlow sells their 1-2mW version at $389 :p

@Smeerworst

I don't think CNI will do 50mW of 561nm. If you would like I can ask? :)

-Alex

Last edited: