Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[FEELER] CNI GLP <5mW 561nm & other wavelength's

Sorry for bringing this thread back up from the dead(I said I would update on November 1st) but I wanted to inform the people who are currently "interested" in this GB that I sent Ava an e-mail asking if this GB(and it's lasers) could be shipped in 2015(if it takes that long to collect payments) due to CNI no longer shipping any pointers/handheld in 2015.

I'll keep you all updated! :)

Edit: I got a response, here it is.

Dear Alex,
For the portable laser and laser pointer from now on we just sell less than 5mW output power to US.
Please confirm it with your customer.

That relieves a lot of stress from having to buy them before 2015 :D

Edit #2: New WL of 445/447 added!!!!

-Alex

Last edited:
I suppose that means the whole CNI-stopping-to-manufacture-pointers thing isn't true (at least for <5mW).

It'd be in their best interest to get the word out in order to increase the price/sell quickly their last pointers...

I am glad it was just gossip!

I suppose that means the whole CNI-stopping-to-manufacture-pointers thing isn't true (at least for <5mW).

It'd be in their best interest to get the word out in order to increase the price/sell quickly their last pointers...

Mhm, seemed like it wasn't true all along. Im really happy to hear this actually, I really don't want to spend all my money but if I must I will to get 561nm, if not I'll probably get 405nm, 671nm or 445nm :)

Are you still in the GB Atomicrox?

-Alex

If you're going for 405nm or 445nm you can find much cheaper pens on ebay or other sellers. Makes no sense to buy them from CNI.

I'm still interested but will not confirm yet. I want the 561nm to close the WL gap, but I imagine the color is ugly as hell.

I'd be surely in if they managed 607nm or 488nm (or another interesting WL), even if it's a bigger host.

If you're going for 405nm or 445nm you can find much cheaper pens on ebay or other sellers. Makes no sense to buy them from CNI.

I'm still interested but will not confirm yet. I want the 561nm to close the WL gap, but I imagine the color is ugly as hell.

I'd be surely in if they managed 607nm or 488nm (or another interesting WL), even if it's a bigger host.

Im still undecided about 405nm, 445nm or 671nm, but I'll see when Christmas comes haha!

I asked about 488nm & 607nm and they won't do it in either a pen host, or a PGL host :(

Finally, if you look at the 1st page of this thread the colors shown are what they will look like using rhd's wavelength to HEX tool. So 561nm will basically look like that!

I also asked if they could do any IR wavelengths and they won't ship IR to the US.

-Alex

The only other that comes to mind is UV, which would be *really* cool, but I think it has been asked, am I right?

Nobody said they were stopping making pointers, just large 5mW+ handhelds.
Labbies/mains operated lasers and pointers are unaffected.

Btw how's this GB going Alex?

Last edited:
Nobody said they were stopping making pointers, just large 5mW+ handhelds.
Labbies/mains operated lasers and pointers are unaffected.

Btw how's this GB going Alex?

It's good haha. I had a member not too long go say he might get a 589nm but wanted to know shipping costs :)

We still need to find someone to collect payments though :(

-Alex

Hey Greenlander could you take me off the list for the 473 and the 589? I am still on for the 561 though :)

Thanks

Can they put a green diode in a GLP host ? (A GLP-515 or GLP-520 would be nice.)

I could build my own or buy one from laserbtb,
But would be nice to have one to match all my other CNI pens.

Can they put a green diode in a GLP host ? (A GLP-515 or GLP-520 would be nice.)

I could build my own or buy one from laserbtb,
But would be nice to have one to match all my other CNI pens.

Already asked about 515, 520 and no can do. All the wavelengths listed is what they are willing to do, and believe me I asked for almost everything ;)

Edit: I can try and re-add 593.5nm if anyone is still interested?

-Alex

Last edited: