Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: $15 Guidesman kits

I was thinking of doing a guidesman GB similar to the one I did for the C6.

The sale would include the host and the heat sink for $15.
You'd have to pay extra for the shipping though.
shipping 1-2 kits in the USA would be around $2.
I can fit 3 in a small flat rate box or 5 in a flat rate envelope for $5 (USA)

International shipping is looking at $5 shipping for 1, and $9 for two. $12 for 3-5 kits

Canada would be cheaper, their rates are lower.

Choice would be between red and grey.

I'm essentially just doing this to try and order a bulk amount of the guidesman hosts.
Need a ~30 kit commitment to do it though.
Hosts would be shipped EMS 5-7 day from China.

I'll let this go for a few days while I catch up on other things and see if we can get enough buyers.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Last edited:

rhd

The guidesman is a great host, but it might be nice to see something newer/fresher. For not a whole lot more (maybe another $5 in cost) there are some cool alternative hosts, that also have the flexibility of 3xAAA. A couple jump to mind:
Handheld 3W LED Flashlight-Black(3*AAA) .....
515 1-Mode LED Flashlight Keychain(3*AAA)-Grey Silver ......
B57 Q5 LED 3-mode Adjustable Head Mini Flashlight(Black) .....

I suppose the downside is that those would be an unknown in terms of buildability, until you had one in hand (and thus harder to do a GB for).

Last edited:
i would stay away from that b57.
If you notice, the clicky switch is built into the 3xAAA holder. makes it very difficult for using other batteries.

There are plenty of other hosts out there.
I even have my eye on new hotlights......in red white and blue

I just try to stick with things i know of and know will sell when it comes to these large bulk orders.

rhd

You're right - and adjustable heads are a pain too.

Blord

Good idea. Nothing wrong with the Guidesman host. It is very similar to the Hotlight host. They are great for the beginners in laser building. Al ot of room to play with. I thought Hotlight were discontinued ?

A chrome host would also be nice. It looks like the silver color is the lastest fashion in handheld laser.

Last edited:

rhd

You can get the Guidesmen in chrome, if you're lucky. By weird fluke, the dollar store next door to me sells them - I actually bought one the other day for an old heatsink I have laying around.

rhd

Hey Moh,

If it would help, I could probably commit to like 10 or 15 of the heatsinks on their own depending on price. I'd grab some of the guidesman from next door on my end, and I'd use them as hosts to avoid shipping a bunch of heavy flashlight bodies to Canada. I'd use them to finally build a bunch of the IR diodes + MOD9s that have been sitting here forever.

Cheers

I'd be in for like 3? Definitely 2 though. Any chance you can get them in red? red's are orgasm!

Last edited:
I'll probably just end up getting them on my own. I've got to get caught up on orders first and get a surplus of stuff made so i won't be behind anymore, then i'll work on getting these available.

I'm hoping to get all my orders caught up and shipped out this weekend.