Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: 1.25A WF-501B laser kits for $20

So, I happen to have a batch of 1.25A benboost drivers just sitting here. 17 to be exact.

I'm seeing if there would be any interest in 1.25A 501B kits.
It would include the host (your choice of color), the black.anodized aluminum heat sink, and a 1.25A benboost pre-installed in the brass driver pill.

you literally just have to connect the red and black wire to your laser module and the build is complete. These would go great with DTR'S 1.8W m140 and would get you a completed >1W 445nm laser for about $60.

keep in mind the benboost is a boost driver, so it would be powered by a single 18650 battery.

The kits would be $20ea + shipping.

I'm only going to do this if all 17 can be spoken for (so I can make them all at once)

Otherwise I'll sell them 1 by 1 for a higher price as I build them :p

Last edited:

I would be game to buy one, sounds like a good deal, and a great way to start a first project for me :yh:. I hope you generate some interest, but I would be willing to snatch one up single if it comes to that.

It's actually a great deal.

You cant even buy the bare parts this cheap, much less get it assembled :D

Luckily, I can acquire parts cheaper than most and the drivers were written off a long time ago so I'm not factoring them into this....

I'll actually be using this money to fund me new driver. I'm working on getting a 3A buck driver made, so we can have one available in the hobby for <$10.

Hi Matt,
That sounds great for folk who want a drop in build with preset drivers. Also just maybe you can make some with the Blitzbuck preset to whatever they want for a few bucks more. They can themselves reset the driver to their specific needs. All in all a great idea Matt these 501's are awesome to do just about anything with, there dual battery capable. One or two lith ion's in the tube I modded the ones I got from you already and there sweet.
Good luck as always :))
Oh I sent you pics of another heat sink design in your personal email. I would have set the pics here but I don't know how to post pics.

Last edited:
Hi Matt,
That sounds great for folk who want a drop in build with preset drivers. Also just maybe you can make some with the Blitzbuck preset to whatever they want for a few bucks more. They can themselves reset the driver to their specific needs. All in all a great idea Matt these 501's are awesome to do just about anything with, there dual battery capable. One or two lith ion's in the tube I modded the ones I got from you already and there sweet.
Good luck as always :))
Oh I sent you pics of another heat sink design in your personal email. I would have set the pics here but I don't know how to post pics.

I will be offering them with blitzbuck drivers soon, These are just a one time deal, to get rid of these boost drivers. That's also why they're only $20.

I added 10 to the website for sale. I realized today I could just build all 10 dirver pills, and jsut pop them into whatever color host a person wants as they sold...So i wont need to build them 1 by 1.

Last edited:
Hi I'm very interested in this (specially because I have 18650 batteries) but I don't have any experience building a laser, in fact I haven't even own a >5mw laser and I'm still looking for my first one.

So can you give me a little help.

Where can I buy the diode? I want a 532nm with 100mw(to keep cost low) also will the driver handle it? do I need to buy a heatsink? do you ship from USA?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Last edited:
This kinda fell through.

If you're wanting a simple DPSS green laser you can buy a cheap module with driver and spring already attached and just use a 501b host with heatsink and a single 16340 battery.

Alternatively, you can also buy a green diode from DTR in a copper module with a driver already attached.

Then you just buy a 501B host + heatsink, a brass driver pill, and a 17mm blank board.
I can assemble that if you bought the parts, and you'd just connect the wires when you have the host and DTR's module.

This kinda fell through.

If you're wanting a simple DPSS green laser you can buy a cheap module with driver and spring already attached and just use a 501b host with heatsink and a single 16340 battery.

Alternatively, you can also buy a green diode from DTR in a copper module with a driver already attached.

Then you just buy a 501B host + heatsink, a brass driver pill, and a 17mm blank board.
I can assemble that if you bought the parts, and you'd just connect the wires when you have the host and DTR's module.

Hi thanks for your answer but I don't quite understand the whole thing. I don't know what is DPSS :eek: also I bought new 18650 batteries and I don't really want to buy others and left the 18650's unused, that's why I like your kit because it uses a 18650.

I went to your site and found the DTR link but it doesn't seem to have 532 diodes.

So can you recommend some other place to get the green diode?

Sorry for being so dumb but I don't want to screw things up

Pman

You aren't going to find a 532nm diode but you can buy a 520nm module from DTR with everything (module, lens and driver) and a host from Moh. Just ask DTR what to buy that will work with the host you want to put it in. The 520nm is a slightly different green but you can find comparisons all over the place here. Just type in 532nm vs 520nm in the LPF Search at the top middle (it's the same thing as the bottom search bar).

You aren't going to find a 532nm diode but you can buy a 520nm module from DTR with everything (module, lens and driver) and a host from Moh. Just ask DTR what to buy that will work with the host you want to put it in. The 520nm is a slightly different green but you can find comparisons all over the place here. Just type in 532nm vs 520nm in the LPF Search at the top middle (it's the same thing as the bottom search bar).

Thanks :thanks: then I will set myself for another color, the thing with the 520 is that I found it too expensive for something that I can easily destroy.