Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Favorite Wavelength?

SKeeZ

Hello guys this is just a post that i felt necessary because i haven't posted on the first forum of the website yet. Might as well ask a question:

What is the prettiest wavelength in your opinion? share your opinion below

Having owned a lot of 532nm lasers and then finally getting a 520 up and running I would have to go with the 520. I don't know if its just because how "cool" it looks compared to 532 or what but its a really emerald nice color.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
So far my favorite has to be the 593.5nm gold/orange color. I would love to see a 589 side by side though to compare.

I love green so I guess any wavelength that is essentially "green" would be my favorite.

589nm ( yellow) ....if i could justify the cost ....I'm sure there was a poll for this, if you try a search it should be there

SKeeZ

My personal favorite is 491nm (why i'm so envious of those with argon's) I'm suprized with the range of peoples favorite wavelengths. I suppose its the sophisticated way to ask "whats your favorite color" I'm glad i got some responses to the thread.

Last edited:
This might be better off in the "general" section rather than the "newcomers-welcome" section but that aside;

Id have to say 445nm, of the lasers I own. Blue is my favorite color so its obvious, however I have never seen a 473nm in person but from photos that would be my favorite ;)

It's hard to say without ever having seen in person each wavelength... I'd say 473nm or 488nm though

My favorite is the dominate 488nm line from my multiline argon followed closely by my 589nm. Both 445 and 532 are rather meh to me but 520 is becoming a favorite quite quickly.

SKeeZ

Ugh... This talk about argons is making me want to buy one. To bad i'm a broke 14 year old :( i guess ill just go do experiments *COUGH* play *COUGH* with my 2 watt laser now to make me feel better.

Last edited:
Something between 473nm and 488nm. I can't narrow it down without having seen it, but I'd guess ~482nm.

I actually put some thought into this and can't pick. I like them all for different reasons, but the underlying "feeling" that I get from a well defined beam of coherent light is that of humbleness and awe. Looking at laser light stirs my imagination. It is a catalyst for thought about science, how far we have come, and how so very far we have to go. I think of the universe and quantum energetic connection of everything... and the space in between that is the energy we swim in. I am inspired to learn something new. I am inspired to better myself in some small way or contribute something of value. Laser light is as mesmerizing to me as a bug light must seem to the insect before drawn in and zapped. I love it in every color my eyes can perceive and to see a new wavelength for the first time is like watching an epic sunrise over a glacial range or taking in the bands of the milky way on a pitch black night under clear skies. How can one pick just ONE... they are all perfect in their own way.

shit-just-got-real.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha but I do agree, but I still would say some form of 473nm to 488nm is my favorite :p

I was kinda thinking the same thing as KapHn8d, more or less. there are tons I haven't seen in person yet, though.:whistle:

I like how some have unique properties, kinda like super powers. like red penetrates flesh, blue-violet-UV makes stuff flouresce.

to pick a favorite, I'd have to have a rainbow of them, equal power, say 500mW, in 10nm incerments from say 350-800nm, with some fog

the coolest would be an adjustable wavelength diode, especially if it had the range I mentioned above, maybe farther into IR too. if it could be adjusted 1nm at a time, makes me horny imagining it. I think there was a thread on this fantasy a while back

adjustable power too. I know what I'm dreaming about tonight:bday::lasergun::bday:

Last edited: