Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FastTech has 18650's in stock!!!! Sanyo/Panasonic!!

IsaacT

+Rep! Thanks for looking out for us! Such a good deal on those cells.

Great find:beer: and great timing too! Was just about to order some!:D

Hey no problem guys!
I was super :mad: when i when't to look for batteries for my flashlights/Zaser, and saw that the Sanyo's/Panasonic's, and almost all the 18650's were out of stock..
But there are back in stock!:beer:

Would recommend buying batteries in a separate order from other goods from fasttech. Or just buying batteries stateside from a trusted vendor. I ordered mine one day before the posmalay ban. My tracking seems to tell me something different every day. At one point it was held for dangerous goods. Then it was sent to New Jersey. Then apparently, it changed to sent back to sender before sent to Jersey. Now, that message disappeared, leaving only the one mentioning it being sent to Jersey City.

Great price, but make sure they can get them to you first.

Reactions: rhd
I ordered mine on the 25th of June and they still haven't come in. Tracking says it was sent to Jersey City, NJ

Hu Fasttech must just like me then.. I have ordered from them 3 times and all 3 times i received the items in under 2 weeks..
I think if you have a problem you can open a case..
Fasttech reps are grate!

RJ
:beer:

Post 199
rep power 19

Now i just need +1 rep

Last edited:
Just ordered 4 Sanyo UR18650ZT 18650 2800mAh..

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:23:33 PM
Order Received

Shipped
Last updated: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:41:48 AM

They say 14 to 22 days..
So i guess we will see what happens.

Last edited:
I had an order of a couple different items get split because one was out of stock... One package arrived in NJ on July 5th and the other on July 11th. I still haven't received either one. All I ordered was some batteries so who knows what's going on...

For those of you whose tracking shows that it's been sent to Jersey City, it is very likely that this means your item has been scanned on its way into a cargo container that will be loaded on a boat and sent to Jersey City. Once it is offboarded, unloaded, and scanned in, I reckon that is when tracking (at USPS) may update.

I do recommend submitting a ticket with FastTech, because their process is that they will file an inquiry with the shipper (POS Malay. in my case). Once the ball is in their court, it may take up to 2 months for them to reply back to Fastech with a definitive answer as to whether or not they have lost the package. That is when Fasttech will approve your refund or ship to you via another method at your discretion.

I had ordered batteries one day before POS Malaysia announced that they would no longer ship batteries. As a gesture of good faith (well, I'm sure money had to do with it too), POSM shipped the dangerous goods by sea instead of flat out refusing them.

The following FT customer forums links may interest those of you affected by POS Malaysia's shipping practices lately:
FT's olive branch
Gift cards for customers with orders affected by Malaysia post's surface mail change: FastTech Forums
Others whose tracking last shows the Jersey City message:
Item sent to FOREIGN CENTER JERSEY CITY NJ: FastTech Forums
Post with copy/pasted info from malaysia post to its customers regarding shipping dangerous goods:
Malaysia post is unavailable to ship external batteries anymore: FastTech Forums

Both tracking numbers bring this up on the USPS tracking page.

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

I got a response from fasttech today about my purchase and here is what they told me

Sorry for the wait.

We apologize for the shipping issue with Malaysia post. They mentioned that they will ship external battery package via surface mail and ship the remaining packages via airmail. We are still waiting for their definite answer regarding this.

If it turns out that your order is shipped via surface mail after Malaysia Post contacts us then, we will contact you for reimburse the difference in shipping charge and delivery time since you have paid airmail shipping service. Surface mail can take 1-2 months for delivery as Malaysia post reported.

We are not happy about this shipping situation either and would rather they return those external battery packages to us so we can refund you right away. But they choose to ship it anyway whether by airmail or surface mail we don't know yet without confirming with us beforehand.

We sincerely hope that you will receive the order in short time.

While transit time fluctuates, we also have no control over this matter. So, as a way to apologize to our customers, affected customers will receive a credit that is equivalent to 20% of their order amount, with a maximum limit of $50.00 credit per order.

If there is any feedback from the post office, we will keep you informed.

Thank you for your understanding in this case.

Both tracking numbers bring this up on the USPS tracking page.

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Yep, it'll say that for a while until it gets to and through customs and into USPS's hands.

For RC#####MY, use track17.net or track a package from malaysia's site, using the "FlexiPack" option in the dropdown box
ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING
or
Track & Trace

17track is the shadiest url ever, just about. But it is nifty, and shows results from both shippers inside a frame if you click into the details. It simply goes to the usps and pos.com.my sites and tracks your tracking number that way.