Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(Ended) Free goggles, anyone?

LaZeRz

Re: Free goggles, anyone?

Count me in! I'd love to have another pair for visitors. I think the OD 4.1 pair would be good.

Thanks for the Give away Trevor, I'll make sure to rep you as soon as I can :)

I'd love to have a pair :) you can never have enough spare goggles for whoever else your showing your lasers too :D

Thanks a lot for the giveaway :beer:

Yeah me too, it would be great to have an extra pair for friends etc...:thanks: :beer:

Edit: +1 Finally! ;)

Last edited:

Same here could always use more safety glasses for friends or family:)

I would really like to have an extra pair or two. :D But if I don't meet the requirements, just let me know.

If I win, I'll need the second pair (the 4.1+).

I need a decent pair for optics alignment on my ions, and I'd like to see what I am doing, without being blinded by UV and 10+ watts of intra-cavity power...

My current ones have OD's of too high to allow decent alignment. I can barely see anything from a 1W spot. Let alone <15mW of 457-514...

Last edited:

Trevor

Updated the OP!

@cantthinkofone - Not sure what the OD is at 405 or 520. I do not have lasers at those wavelengths powerful enough to be able to test. :(

Regarding the requirements - I just want to make sure they go to an (ostensibly) active member who, when or if they replace the goggles with something better, can pass them along to another member in need of goggles. :)

Trevor

Could use an extra set. Mighty kind of you sir.

<--------- mine have somehow went missing :)

Last edited:

ARG

^tmackbb4 If those are T-Rex goggles I would be careful, some of them can have dangerously low OD's. Just a friendly heads up :)

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

Count me in too. :D I don't have a 445 right now, but it is defiantly the next on my list now that I am again in collection rebuilding mode. :D So would love to have some goggles for when I get it. :)

Arg lol he doesn't need them for anything but teething. I won't use my lasers in the same room glasses or not. But I thank you I didn't know that.

I hope I win this. Believe it or not my cheapy glasses broke. I haven't used a laser in a week or so. I have none as of now an so it'd be best if I could win these :)

SKeeZ

Please enter me for either pair.

Last edited:

I'd like to enter into this, if I qualify :)

I'd be interested in the OD 4.1+ glasses. I have a Wicked Arctic and just the shitty glasses they came with, and I'm in the process of building a ~1.5-2W 445nm laser cutter, and will need something better than what I have to align the point to a reasonable amount. These would really help me out!