Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

End of a fruitful friendship

I lost one of my dogs a month ago. He was 16 I think.
I loved him so much but I didn't even cried when I found him dead. Why? Can I give him life again? No, so it's not worth crying, being sad or whatever.
The same thing happened when I lost my grandmother.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I was just giving some advice.
I feel really sorry for Jander.

Mourning the loss of a loved anything is a natural part of human nature and its healing process. While knowing we cannot replace or un-do what our loss might have been, it is natural to grieve and miss what once was. It is okay to cry, but not forever

She is in a better place now for sure. Thanks for the kind words members. I took it harder than I thought, now I can focus on the wife who is just beside herself, and sick on top of that.

DJNY

Sorry to hear man :cryyy:

Having a dog for such a long time is something very special, people without this experience won´t understand how hard it is to loose a friend. I´ve shed tears even for my deceased gold fish.

You can´t replace somebody, but you can look into the future and I´m sure you´ll find a new good doggy!

aw man im sorry to hear that, i to know how it feels... lost my dog that was 16 and a cat that was 21.

when you know your pets for so long and they suddenly are gone it feels like you lost a friend, a brother or even a part of yourself.

im sure your dog can peacefully rest now.

my best wishes to you and your lady

Zeus

I don't expect to know what you're going through, I've had two dogs and a 14yo budgie go, when the first dog died it nearly killed me, the second dog which I was just as close to I barely cried, I just accepted it.

Same as for the budgie, I've learned a Yoda style of grieving

Mourn not, miss not, remember do

Funny sort of way I think, but it works for me.

Best wishes for your future.

Last edited: