Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

Radim

Thanks Radim..
Settings are ISO 1600, Exposure 2-6Sec, Lens: Samyang 12mm f2.0 full open aperture

Setting the Sun pt.3

_1140454.jpg

Thanks as well. Isn't ISO 1600 generating too much noise? 12 mm lens is great, I have to get some wide angle as well. Maybe with a new full frame camera I plan to acquire in future. Still I'm happy with my 18-55 mm lens, which gives me a lot of possibilites in "small package". ;)

I also use regulary for classic photography my favourite vintage camera Praktica FX2, where only "electronics" is contact for external flash. It's over 60 years old, uses 35 mm film and with awesome Carl Zeiss 50 mm lens, and it is so much fun to use. It is part of heritage from my grandfather along with other photo gear (cameras, lenses, filters, accesories, books... so many things). This camera is somehow my favourite, durable and very easy to use. I think it would survive nuke attack without scratch. :D

Thanks as well. Isn't ISO 1600 generating too much noise? 12 mm lens is great, I have to get some wide angle as well. Maybe with a new full frame camera I plan to acquire in future. Still I'm happy with my 18-55 mm lens, which gives me a lot of possibilites in "small package". ;)

With my previous camera I couldn't take ISO 800 images because too much noise. But pictures with ISO 1600 are just great with my new Panasonic, even ISO 3200 and ISO 6400 is manageable via Dfine2 postprocessing.

-If you don't want to postprocess, you can always drop ISO to 800 and compensate with few sec extra exposure ;)

Since camera ain't full frame, 12mm lens is equivalent of 24mm Lens. Planning to buy Olympus 9 mm f/8 Body Cap Lens (equivalent of 18mm lens) for 90 EUR, can't go too much wrong with that price.

:)

-----

EDIT

I paid only 200€ of "new" used camera body. Highly recommend to keep on eye of used cameras e.g from bhphotovideo.com. ;)

Last edited:

Radim

Awesome, with my Sony Nex 7 it is up to ISO 400 without noticeable noise, if not underexposed much. As I use long expo from 5 to 20 minutes mostly, I can afford to use ISO 200 with f no. of 16, 18 usually at 18 mm or 55 mm for sphere pics (the f 18 I usually use to get more depth of field in near field and long focus and not such a strong bokeh in far field), if more is used than there is too much interference from laser light on camera aperture. However I still consider it somehow as part of the photo, if it is not disturbing much, kind of characteristic of technology, where the reality is measured, but that is my approach. Usually laser grain is more significant than noise.

The more I'm worried about the dust in optics and sensor, so I also appreciate zoom lens as I do not have to change it in terrain. But my camera is like 4 and half year old, therefore it experienced a lot already and dust in internals is somehow function of time and use what I see. If this mess is on surface you can clean it as DYI, but sometimes it gets on internals of lens or between layers of sensor. Still, if it is not much it can be considered as part of photo IMO, if you do not go for kind of super perfect photo. It is not that much issue with classic film as the dust was taken away with new film frame. It is neverending fight with interchangeable lens digital cameras.

If you do not need, do not change your lens. If you need to change it try to prevent getting mess inside by hiding it from wind, holding body with sensor facing to ground and make sure you spend as little time as possible with internals exposed to external environment. Also do not forget to cover lens not in use ASAP. I'm sure you know it, but for the others these might be usefull tips.

BTW: 12 mm focal length corresponding to 24 mm full frame is crop factor 2. My camera does not have full frame, crop factor of 1.5, therefore with 18 mm I get it like 27 mm full frame equivalent.

And thanks for recommendation.

Last edited:
Love the forest. Reminds me of trees around here. What is the debris field at the bottom? it is so flat it almost looked like water at first.

diachi

Very cool again, I like the way the rocks and trees are lit up by the beam.

Few shots..

Faint glow of aurora can be seen through clouds. In just five minutes cloud base was too thick to see through any more..

aurora_02.jpg

aurora_03.jpg

Radim

Awesome shots. I wish I could have such a opportunities in my landscape here.

diachi

Great pictures again! Making the most of the last Auroras over here, they'll be gone in a moth or so, until next Winter.

Radim

Wow, that is fu*king awesome, ArcticDude! Likely the best pic I've seen here from you here. Such colors! I love it. And I noticed nice slight laser grain in glow around the laser module. ;) Try to sell this art somewhere. :)

Why the system still says this? -> "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ArcticDude again."

BTW I was doing laserpainting yesterday, the weather was a bit better. I need to do another attempt as I was not satisfied with that. Anyway it was first night in the forest spent on this artwork I'm working on right now. And I realized several upgrades in techniques and entire process I have to do. It is a bit complicated painting, but I like this kind of challenges. ;) Let's see...

Last edited: