Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

I haven't been feeling very well since my surgery and looks like I'll have to go back for awhile.

Paul I wish you a speedy recovery mate, keep us updated on your progress.

ArcticDude, oh my goodness, these are amazing.
What a perfect idyllic location you have there.
Just stunning and beautifully captured once again.

RB

I can probably do the "arctic beauty" just not the beams ... Down to -17C at the start of this week, warmed up some towards today. Snow is here, won't be leaving until ~May. The darkness is fast approaching.

Edit, 6000 posts! :D

Sod that.

There was a winter a few years back where the entire UK was enveloped in ice cold temps for around a month. The jet stream had shifted and we experienced what the continent does every winter - temps down to minus double figures at night and still well below minus during the day. However for the UK that is 10 or more below average. It was unreal - grass frosted so hard you could walk on it without crushing it, solid inches of ice all over the pavements and roads and cars would ice up during the day so we had to keep going out and starting them. In my 26 years on this earth I've never seen another winter like it and I don't want to - the damage done to the roads when it all thawed is still evident today and us Brits aren't built for that kind of cold.

Here it is - "frozen Britain" http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47061000/jpg/_47061196_greatbritainjpg.jpg

I know we are off topic now, so I will post a laser pic later :na:

You're right Bruce, Gizmo took some fantastic outdoor photos with, and without lasers! Those Irish countryside shots provided a nice contrast effect with the laserbeams cutting across them!
I sure do miss Gizmo, he made some great photo threads. I was lucky enough to buy a couple of his lasers that he put up for sale as he was leaving the laser hobby and doing his photography hobby full time.

(I've got his 589)

Last edited:

diachi

Sod that.

There was a winter a few years back where the entire UK was enveloped in ice cold temps for around a month. The jet stream had shifted and we experienced what the continent does every winter - temps down to minus double figures at night and still well below minus during the day. However for the UK that is 10 or more below average. It was unreal - grass frosted so hard you could walk on it without crushing it, solid inches of ice all over the pavements and roads and cars would ice up during the day so we had to keep going out and starting them. In my 26 years on this earth I've never seen another winter like it and I don't want to - the damage done to the roads when it all thawed is still evident today and us Brits aren't built for that kind of cold.

Here it is - "frozen Britain" http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47061000/jpg/_47061196_greatbritainjpg.jpg

I know we are off topic now, so I will post a laser pic later :na:

I was still in the UK for that winter, that was pretty bad, mostly because there isn't the infrastructure in place to handle it. Coldest I had seen was -16C that time, laughable now, I've seen -50C here. Couple of days I couldn't get to work during that winter (2012 wasn't it?) because the train was stuck at the station all day (Low level from Newton). Fell on my ass a couple of times on all that ice too (Kept thawing a little and freezing again, been doing that here this winter, worryingly warm just now actually). Much better prepared for it over here, although I'm really looking forward to getting the 4WD on my Truck fixed... that's a little bit of a PITA.

Last edited:
few shots
gotta upgrade the cam soon...I'm saving. Car is a little more priority ;)

Arcticdude, I really appreciate the pictures you post. I live in the suburbs of a moderately sized town (60k population) and there are no good scenery locations within a twenty minute drive. When I get a car I'll probably go to some more rural areas to take some shots. That is one good thing, Maryland has city and farmlands all in close proximity to one another. I'd like someone from Nevada to do some green or light blue shots over sagebrush steppe out there. I've seen pictures of the milkyway in that scenery and it's like none other.
Nz0P0qJ.jpg

ZXxlApt.jpg

uPW3Jc2.jpg

v9ZCNrk.jpg

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Nice one ArcticDude. :D New headline, "Snowman arrested for possession of a high power laser device"

Oh hey haha, that's funny! Guess you guys get the good snow. The snow here is usually too dry for snow men, or even snow balls. :(

Our snow is invisible. :cryyy:
We have to watch "White Christmas" just to make it feel a little like a real Northern Hemi Christmas.
Oh how I'd love to experience a 'White Christmas' just once.
Here we usually swelter in +33°C (+91°F), only consolation is that we can go to the beach, but that's usually packed out too.

:D

diachi

Our snow is invisible. :cryyy:
We have to watch "White Christmas" just to make it feel a little like a real Northern Hemi Christmas.
Oh how I'd love to experience a 'White Christmas' just once.
Here we usually swelter in +33°C (+91°F), only consolation is that we can go to the beach, but that's usually packed out too.

:D

That sure sounds better than -40. ;)

We get +30 in the summer for a little while, so that's nice at least... :D

You'd like to experience a white Christmas, I'd like to experience +33C and beaches at Christmas. ;)

You'd like to experience a white Christmas, I'd like to experience +33C and beaches at Christmas. ;)

We always want what we don't have :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took this one on my G4 recently. Hmm how are there stars out during the day :shhh:

20161116_034122_zps8g7kiali.jpg

True, each one wants to experience the other side just once I suppose.
Eating turkey on a HOT Christmas day is a challenge but washing it down with a COLD Beer is nice.
I'm sorry to go off topic so I'll just post a link: check out the panorama I took last year standing in the water at our local beach with my iPhone in the thread below.

{Link} http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/post-your-random-pics-73077-20.html#post1402869

:beer:

We always want what we don't have

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took this one on my G4 recently. Hmm how are there stars out during the day
Oh very nice Will !
Love the beam in that one and nice catch of 'The Southern Cross"

:)

Last edited:
True, each one wants to experience the other side just once I suppose.
Eating turkey on a HOT Christmas day is a challenge but washing it down with a COLD Beer is nice.
I'm sorry to go off topic so I'll just post a link: check out the panorama I took last year standing in the water at our local beach with my iPhone in the thread below.

{Link} http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/post-your-random-pics-73077-20.html#post1402869

:beer:

Oh very nice Will !
Love the beam in that one and nice catch of 'The Southern Cross"

:)

I remember seeing your panorama on the random pics thread! Very nice perspective and thanks for the compliment RB :beer:

Here's a few more from 4am last night :D

This one was just an interesting experiment. Turned out ok

20161116_013505_zps94lba9fd.jpg

For all of these shots the lens, settings and sensor details are 30s shutter speed, 4.42mm focal length, f/1.8, WB 6400K. Only thing that changes is the ISO.

Pic below is ISO 300

20161116_003828_zps3igkwvml.jpg

20161116_004706_zpskewo2t5z.jpg

20161116_012007_zpscmm2mmwx.jpg

20161116_012228_zps5fvix287.jpg

Personally I'm quite satisfied with this phone and the shots that I could get out of it. I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction
and that soon I can move onto more sophisticated photography, I spent about 4 hours from 12:30am onwards just experimenting
and seeing what results I could get. With Uni finished, hopefully I can get a bit more experience in the coming months :angel:

Last edited:
Oh man, these are so cool Will !
What did you do in the first one, it looks surreal?
Looks like you vaporised something into thin air.

Your phone picks up the blue lasers nicely, mine makes them look violet.

The "LPF light painting" is very well done, bet you had to keep moving around huh?
Nice.

RB