Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eghmus Is better than everyone else!

33uv79d.jpg

Wow, that is a very nice color! Blu-ray doesn't look so in real life, right?

Asherz

33uv79d.jpg

Wow, that is a very nice color! Blu-ray doesn't look so in real life, right?

Nope, that looks very much like an argons colour :) Blu-rays are much more purple, my avatar is pretty accurate.

HIMNL9

Nah ..... part is due to the fact that ccd see the UV a bit more blue than bare eyes, and probably the most part of that light blue is fluorescence ..... if the fabric under the laser is cotton, it fluoresce exactly that color, when hit from UV ..... white paper too, and also some synthetic clothes.

Thanks. I'm not that into violet, that's why I still don't have a BR. But if that was the actual color, I would be ordering parts already :D Too bad blue lasers are still quite expensive.

Asherz

Thanks. I'm not that into violet, that's why I still don't have a BR. But if that was the actual color, I would be ordering parts already :D Too bad blue lasers are still quite expensive.

The cyan colour in my avatar is an argon, if your in the US talk to Daguin he has a few and they may not be as expensive as you think :) $150? And you'll get a nice single line 488nm blue. They may not be portable but they are great :)

Thanks for all the complements guys! but I just want to clear my name on this one.
I would not go that far. I bought a heat sink that didn't do much to reduce my diodes temp. He wanted me to pay more to build a better one. I also bought a diode press, and the hole was not deep enough for the pins on my diode. He has some talent for sure, but he is far from Jatrobs level of skill.

As for the diode press tool, you should have let me know about this and I would have sent you a replacement with no questions asked.

The labby heat sink was not meant to cool any diode you put on it, it was way to small and you should have known that when you bought it. You also only paid like 10.00 shipped for it. I would have build you a bigger one for a few extra $ to cover my cost, material and time.

P.S Everyone spelled my name wrong!

Last edited:
The labby heat sink was not meant to cool any diode you put on it, it was way to small and you should have known that when you bought it.

Sorry but isnt a "labby" heat sink made to cool the diode? How would I know it would not work? I dont have piles of heat sinks laying around. If I did, I wouldn't have bought yours. When I asked if I could send it back, you told me to sell it, and the new was $15.

The diode press was $4 I think, Not worth sending back. I just gave it away.

I was never putting you down. People just have to start debates. I said twice you had talent. My 2 experiences were not good. Live with it, I dont do everything perfect either. You cant say anyone is better than anyone else. You guys all do different work. Lava's driver is not better than a Rkcstr because they are both different drivers.

:wtf: three post deleted... one after the other....
What gives....:thinking:
Has a mod slapped someone on the wrists...:whistle:

P.S Everyone spelled my name wrong!

I didn't even use it.....:crackup:

Jerry

I concur that Coke has far more flavor. Pepsi is like a watered down Coke. Also, Jack in the Box is THE SHIT!