Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay lasers from China, furgit it

Konijn

I bit the bullet and followed advise to buy a three laser set off Ebay. The green laser didn't work, I received no receipt and now have to pay to send it back. The last two issues are violations of US law. A receipt has to be provided from the seller and when a defective item is shipped by US Mail the shipper has to pay return postage.
I knew I shouldn't have done business with Ebay, Paypal to buy cheap Chinese products but there you have it.
Next time I'll buy US goods from a reputable dealer.
Cheers,
Rabbit

roosl

Since its inception, Ebay has (to me) always been like the guy in a back alley selling ripoffs from the trunk of his car. I don't trust anything sold via Ebay. I guess there are exceptions, like women selling clothing or setting up estate sales. The only people I've ever heard say they like Ebay are sellers. Not once do I recall anyone buying from an Ebay merchant that was really happy with the outcome. There must be exceptions though, right? For items such as lasers? Maybe...

Last edited:
I sell and buy on ebay all the time.... Have you heard of..

Buyer Beware

I pride myself as being a reputable seller on eBay and I take my
feedback score seriously...

I sell the LaserBee I and the 120mw LPM Module as well as a few other
electronic items...

If you think you can get a High quality Laser for $0.01 plus shipping...
you are dreaming and don't understand the eBay selling/buying system...

Have you heard of... You get what you pay for

Sure I have purchased items that were underspec or non-functional..
But the return of those items are simple... You get all your money
refunded including shipping (that the seller already paid and can't
get back) and you pay the shipping to send back the defective item)...
Seems fair to me... both parties lost shipping costs... for a full refund...

Jerry

I buy and sell on ebay as well, and I have been very happy.

I have TONS of promotional DVDs (Issued to the emmy panel members) that I have bought for under $10 each.

I take feedback very seriously also, AND whenever I file a dispute with paypal, I have always got my money back.

ADVICE - Never link your primary bank account to paypal!

I have 2 bank accounts, and whenever I sell I move the funds instantly from one to the other, That way NO ONE can force my money back out. (Make sure there is NO overdraft or credit line attached to the account you use on ebay, otherwise they CAN get at you, then the bank will force you to deposit money to cover the reversal)

I do both and am happy. I get all my cr2 and cr123 batteries from ebay (rechargeable, $1 ea.)

however, i refuse to buy from international sources on ebay.....within the USA only.

I didnt know they sold screeners on eBay.

Oh yeah - Just use key word "Emmy DVD" I scored a whole pile in paper envelopes for $2 + $5 shipping, 7 DVDs delivered for 7 bucks, AND 2 of them are semi finished with incomplete CGI sequences. Cool stuff.

I refuse to buy from international sources on ebay.....within the USA only.

For the most part good policy, but I bought from Rayfoss on ebay and was pleased with a 30mw module for $16 delivered, and it was here in 3 weeks.

It's a crap module with lots of bleed, but for $16 it's a screamer flaws and all.

I think I just won the thread :angel:

Attachments

• ebay-motivator.jpg
    ebay-motivator.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 895

STI24

I have bought a couple of 5mW green lasers from a Chinese seller on ebay and they have been pretty good quality.

I have bought a couple of 5mW green lasers from a Chinese seller on ebay and they have been pretty good quality.

Not for long. I used to buy them and resell them, they where all bad. I now to my buying from ledshoppe and focalrpice (not the best quality, but not the worst)

I now to my buying from ledshoppe and focalrpice (not the best quality, but not the worst
I was very impressed with my Focalprice 100mW green laser.
Much heavier then any other of the other 14 chinese laser pointers I own. Outputs are close to specs. 110mW peak/85mW average. Nice tight feel, smooth threads, tight beam. IMHO worth 2X+ what I paid($24.95)

STI24

Not for long. I used to buy them and resell them, they where all bad. I now to my buying from ledshoppe and focalrpice (not the best quality, but not the worst)

I guess it really depends which seller you buy from, because some of my friends have also bought from the same seller i have and the lasers are still in excellent working condition.