Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

E-cig explodes!

I use an e-cig as well, have been for years. This is just another stunt by big tobacco trying to demonize the use of e-cigs.

I would refrain from reposting such things, it doesnt deserve the recognition. By doing so, you are in effect supporting the demonization.

Even if it is true, it has nothing to do with the fact that it is an e-cig, rather a lithium polymer battery.

I use an e-cig as well, have been for years. This is just another stunt by big tobacco trying to demonize the use of e-cigs.

I would refrain from reposting such things, it doesnt deserve the recognition. By doing so, you are in effect supporting the demonization.

Even if it is true, it has nothing to do with the fact that it is an e-cig, rather a lithium polymer battery.

Holy Crap.... Are you now addicted to E-Cigs...:eek:

I was under the impression that those things were supposed
to help one to quite smoking... (I could be wrong...)

At least if you send out a package it won't stink of Ashtray when
the receiver opens it...:D

Jerry

None of them will claim to be a smoking cessation device, but it is easier to quit those things than it is to quit the real ones, mainly because you can change how much nicotine is in the solution by ordering weaker and weaker solutions.

I'm sure eventually we'll find out that glycerin causes cancer too, but for some reason I think that atomized glycerin with nicotine is less unhealthy than smoke.

Also, I have to agree, this is really just another poorly made chinese lithium cell. This can be avoided by modding to use quality OEM cells

Holy Crap.... Are you now addicted to E-Cigs...:eek:

At least if you send out a package it won't stink of Ashtray when
the receiver opens it...:D

Jerry

Jerry the only difference is that the E-Cig is a heather alternative to a real cig with all the effects that the real stuff does. There is no tar or smoke that causes cancer or other disease associated to smoking.

Also the only thing that is put back into the atmosphere coming from a smokers mouth is water vapor... so no more 2nd hand smoke! :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys...
I stopped smoking cold turkey ~25 years ago.. I was
smoking 3 freakin' packs a day..
I was also hacking up green phlegm crap for almost a
year after I quit...

I might have tried those E-Cigs if they were available
back then...

Jerry

Last edited:
I have quit smoking thanks to snus, but still smoke 2 or 3 cigars a week. Now Utah is trying ban E-cigs in public places, they think that there is second hand nicotine.

Ash

Thanks for the replies guys...
I stopped smoking cold turkey ~25 years ago.. I was
smoking 3 freakin' packs a day..
I was also hacking up green phlegm crap for almost a
year after I quit...

I might have tried those E-Cigs if they were available
back then...

Jerry

I quit smoking cigarettes last August, cold turkey.
I had been a pack a day smoker for 20 years, and the eCigs helped me with the nicotine cravings and desire for the physical action of smoking.
I swear that I couldn't have quit without the eCigs. Also my g/f (smoker for 15 years) also quit too using them.
They do get warm if you puff them too much, but I don't think there is harm of explosion (except prob overcharging).
I agree perhaps this article is big tobacco misinformation.

I don't understand how it's a stunt by big tobacco to demonize e-cigs. That guy blow his mouth up, teeth & tongue.

Yes it's true, it was on local TV here in FL, and they even interviewed a doctor at the hospital. I don't think that guy that lost all his teeth and half of a his tongue knows anything about Li-Ion batteries......so Yes while the battery most likely caused it, outside of this hobby & some flashlights not usually sold in brick & mortar stores. All he knows is that e-cig almost killed him, and he's in for years of treatments and much expenses.

I talked with a few guys at work yesterday and they were shocked after I told them the dangers of Li-Ion batteries, as they are using e-cigs too with those batteries and had absolutely no idea what-so-ever about the dangers. Then even thought when seeing the story on TV, how was that even possible.........they said when a battery goes bad, all it does it leak; I then had to explain to them about Li-Ion batteries.

Sorry, but I really can't see how anyone can blame any of this on a big tobacco. Tobacco & E-cigs can both be dangerous, one will kill you slowly, the other as just seen could maim you quickly.

e-cigs... could maim you quickly.

How about stoves? Stoves sometimes blow up. How often? Practically never. That's why people don't look at their stove and think "that thing will blow up my house one day. I better get rid of it." Why is it you see this article about one incident and consider them as dangerous as cigarettes? You're being absurd.

How about stoves? Stoves sometimes blow up. How often? Practically never. That's why people don't look at their stove and think "that thing will blow up my house one day. I better get rid of it." Why is it you see this article about one incident and consider them as dangerous as cigarettes? You're being absurd.

Your taking what I said out of context here.

"Tobacco & E-cigs can both be dangerous, one will kill you slowly, the other as just seen could maim you quickly"

And yes a stove can blow up I agree, but I don't think anyone will get rid of it OR stop smoking, period; if so they would have done so long ago.

Absurd?? You might want to tell that to that poor guy that got severely injured.

Last edited:
Absurd?? You might want to tell that to that poor guy that got severely injured.

No one is denying it is regrettable, but there's no need to start a war against these devices from one incident. I will tell anyone that, including this guy.

Absolutely not trying to start any "war" or flame on this, I was only just trying to make some comments on the story...........sorry if it seemed anything different.

-Peace