Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dx shipping time question?

I am a member of a gpt site(not here to advertise) but the company recently added the option to trade points for pirzes at dealextreme.com and many of the users are getting frusterated at the long waiting time and I plan on making a thread explaining why they take so long to ship and I was wondering how long you guys that have ordered something recently, have waited for the item to come in the mail.

Once again, not here to advertise just simply asking for shipping times.

Thanks

daguin

jakeizbeast said:
I am a member of a gpt site(not here to advertise) but the company recently added the option to trade points for pirzes at dealextreme.com and many of the users are getting frusterated at the long waiting time and I plan on making a thread explaining why they take so long to ship and I was wondering how long you guys that have ordered something recently, have waited for the item to come in the mail.
Thanks

DX is VERY inconsistent with their delivery times. They do not actually carry much stock. They are a distributor, not a manufacturer. Most of the stuff they sell is ordered by them on an "as needed" basis. MANY times the wait is due to DX waiting on a supplier to ship to them. In "My Account" one can check on the status of an order. Quite often the status will be "waiting on supplier" for some time. After the item arrives at DX it is usually only a few days before it is shipped. After that it is coming from China. Chinese shipping waits until a container is full and then ships. You could get more delay there. Finally, everything must come through customs. Sometimes customs is VERY slow about getting to stuff. PLUS, if there is a potential problem with the import regulations concerning what you ordered, it could sit in a pile waiting for a customs inspector to look at it and make the decision on whether to allow it into the country or not.

It can be slow, but the price usually cannot be beat ;)

Peace,
dave

Hey man thanks! Mind if I quote your post and throw it on the thread as well? I will give you credit for it no doubt but could you say maybe anywhere from 2-8 weeks on average?

daguin

jakeizbeast said:
Hey man thanks! Mind if I quote your post and throw it on the thread as well? I will give you credit for it no doubt but could you say maybe anywhere from 2-8 weeks on average?

You may use the posting in your forum.  

I have received stuff from DX in as little as seven days.  I live in Southern California.  I also have an order for a couple of flashlights that has been "waiting for supplier" for ten days already!  When will they ship? -- Who knows?  The recommendation we use here about DX is to NOT use them for anything you 'need' soon and that you order it and "forget" it.  Checking the website daily only frustrates you and will NOT speed things up.  Writing threatening and/or complaining emails will NOT speed things up.  Lighting candles and/or burying frogs at midnight will NOT speed things up.  If you have "forgotten" about the order, then it is a little like Christmas when a package arrives from China :)

One thing DX does do is they will ship partial shipments if part of your order is in and part of it is waiting.  Of course when they do this, they make the package with the partial shipment "signature required" so you have to either be home or go to the post office to get the packages.  Many of us will only order one type of thing at a time because of this.  I will order the flashlights and the batteries separately!  Since shipping is included in the price, this doesn't cost me any more and I don't have to sign for partial shipments ;)

Peace,
dave

jakeizbeast said:

Thanks
i just made my first order from them 8 days ago......it's still processing.
all items i ordered showed as in stock and they still do, but they haven't even shipped it yet.

i'll never buy from them again. horrible site.
bestofferbuy.com seems to be pretty much the same thing, but atleast they shipped my order once i placed it, and i only waited 2 weeks.

FocalPrice is the same way only worse - their website may say "shipped" but when you try and track through EMS it can be a matter of several days before they even GET it to the EMS terminal...

I've resigned myself to the same attitude mentioned above: Order it, forget it, and be amazed when it finally shows up!

well my 256mb memory card took...5 months? and my knife and piano lighter took 6 days ;) all luck of the draw. I ordered a 30mW green and it took 11 days. so yea ;D

Dealextreme is like that sometimes. But it's good to know that your package will show up sometime or later. ;) (Well, at least for me ::))

Daguin pointed out a good thing, DONT look at the site for info lol, it only makes you more frustrated. I remember ordering some batteries from the site and it took AGES for it to change from processing to shipped. I think it took me nearly 3 weeks to receive what i ordered?

All I can say is don't order something you really really want from them. Sometimes it worth the extra bux to get it else where. ^_^

If you need it in a hurry, go somewhere else. I have had orders come in 5days (to Canada) and other orders have taken 6 weeks. Getting a red dilda laser took forever. Common batteries showed up quickly. It's a crap shoot as to how long it will take. If you are not in a hurry, great place to buy, forget you bought, and then a surprise shows up at the door one day.

OK, I figured that I would step in on this one.

I live in Illinois, USA.  [highlight]Average time for shipping from the time I ordered to when it arives is 2 weeks.[/highlight]

However, currently, I have 5 orders that are all pending and have been for over 3 weeks.  This is all due to the Chinese New Year.  The country celibrates it for 40 days!  I am guessing that it may take up to another month for my orders to arive and I am ok with that.

Also, Here is a link Explaining why things are taking so long to ship right now.
[highlight][url]http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-204~threadid.265807[/highlight][/url]

I've had orders arrive within the week and others taking a month. I haven't received any partial orders though, and there are so many factors deciding time that it's impossible to say. Just set it, forget it, and don't order around Chinese New Year.

DX is sloooooooowwww.
It took OVER A MONTH to get my 200mW red laser here to nevada!!!!!!! And it was in stock!!!

Fastest I've got from DX is now 3 weeks. Today I received 20 chargers and 40 batteries.....sadly, no lasers :(

LOL, that's all! Next time Niko when you need batteries, make sure you order enough. ;-)