Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

jme

Re: DTR's Laser Shop: 445 M140 Diodes $45 Shipped US Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & M

Thanks. I did a little more looking and decided to go with jayrob's kit. Gonna get two, one for the red and one for the blue, waiting to hear back from him now.

Jim

jme

Re: DTR's Laser Shop: 445 M140 Diodes $45 Shipped US Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & M

DTR: Alright, jayrob contacted me and is gonna set me up with a couple hosts and said all I needed were your diodes, in the module, with leads... So went ahead and got those ordered just now. Gotta get a money order out to jay. I'll post up some pics when I get um running. Very excited..

Tks
Jim

DTR

DTR: Alright, jayrob contacted me and is gonna set me up with a couple hosts and said all I needed were your diodes, in the module, with leads... So went ahead and got those ordered just now. Gotta get a money order out to jay. I'll post up some pics when I get um running. Very excited..

Tks
Jim

Awesome. He has some great kits.:beer:

jme

I told jayrob I was planning on a green in the same host once these are done and he suggested some green diodes in module but they only go to 150mW, you know of any 3-500mw or even 1W green diodes in a module? Also what's the mW on the 12X 405nm S06J violet Diodes you have. Tks have a great week.

tks
Jim

jme

DTR: I ordered the 405 this morning, had to have it, you know how it is, anyways i'll keep an eye out for any new wavelengths.. any idea on when you may have more flex-drives.

Tks again

Last edited:

Got the diodes + Phlatlight today. Popped one in to replace the lazing/ledding diode i had issues with and behold... it's lazing perfectly fine. It was the diode after all!

Thanks for the bonus optics... gonna enjoy playing with em!

DTR

DTR: I ordered the 405 this morning, had to have it, you know how it is, anyways i'll keep an eye out for any new wavelengths.. any idea on when you may have more flex-drives.

Tks again

No idea on the drives yet. Still waiting to hear.:yabbem:

Got the diodes + Phlatlight today. Popped one in to replace the lazing/ledding diode i had issues with and behold... it's lazing perfectly fine. It was the diode after all!

Thanks for the bonus optics... gonna enjoy playing with em!

Awesome. Good to hear you got it going.:beer:

jme

DTR: received all the packages.

tks again

Jim

krex4

Re: 445 1-2W Blue Diodes *Tested* $46 Shipped US $42 Each When You Buy 3 Or More

Hello, i am from brazil and do some stage laser maintenance, i need to buy 20 445nm laser diodes ,
i have paypal.
thanks

DTR

Plenty in stock. PM incoming.:beer:

B33M

just sent you payment for one of the projector optical sets. I'm a noob so what do dichros do? I have a 635, 445, a 405, and a greenie < 200mw

anyone got dichros action shots? thanks again

DTR

just sent you payment for one of the projector optical sets. I'm a noob so what do dichros do? I have a 635, 445, a 405, and a greenie < 200mw

anyone got dichros action shots? thanks again

If you check a couple posts down in the sales thread there is a guy that did some combining of red and green for yellow.:beer:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/projector-optics-mirrors-dicros-lenses-motors-67905.html

jme

DTR: Could you explain how your increasing the current through your diodes using your power supply. Are you increasing the voltage to get a current increase? I hooked up the 405 and my current meter reads about 200mA with voltage set at 3.7v. Increasing the current does nothing to the beam or the meter reading. If I increase the voltage to 5v, the beam gets brighter and burns wood at 65" but the current meter still reads about 200mA, may move a little but never gets to 300mA. Could be my old power supply. Also what's the white wire for, I know it's the case but should it be grounded or something, I'm only using the red/black.

Tks
Jim

My power supply: Tenma 72-2080 dual 30v - 3A outputs

tenma.jpg

DTR

DTR: Could you explain how your increasing the current through your diodes using your power supply. Are you increasing the voltage to get a current increase? I hooked up the 405 and my current meter reads about 200mA with voltage set at 3.7v. Increasing the current does nothing to the beam or the meter reading. If I increase the voltage to 5v, the beam gets brighter and burns wood at 65" but the current meter still reads about 200mA, may move a little but never gets to 300mA. Could be my old power supply. Also what's the white wire for, I know it's the case but should it be grounded or something, I'm only using the red/black.

Tks
Jim

For 405 diodes start with nothing connected to the power supply, turn it on and turn the current to zero. Set the voltage to 6V and turn the power supply off. Short the output leads on the power supply together than connect your diode. Turn on the power supply and adjust your current to your desired level. It is the same as with the 445 in this video but on the 445 the voltage should be set to about 4.6V. If you need more headrooom with the voltage as it caps you at a certain current which is lower than your desired then repeat the process and up the voltage in 0.1V increments until you get the desired result.:beer:

Last edited: