Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR's Laser Shop: Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & More

jme

Re: DTR's Laser Shop: 445 M140 Diodes $45 Shipped US Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & M

You the man... I'm rollin now..

Tks
Jim

jme

Re: DTR's Laser Shop: 445 M140 Diodes $45 Shipped US Diodes-Drivers-Lenses-LEDs & M

DTR: Well I only thought I'd be rollin. Got home tonight and hooked up the 405 and nothing, Guess I fried it. I'll get another one with the flex drive when you get them in. What kind of power supply is that you got? I'll see if I can find one on ebay.

Jim:tinfoil:

jme

Oh, I see you have one in stock, how much for 405 in module with driver - no lens..

Jim

jme

I went ahead and ordered the one with the three element lens just to have one. You recommend <500mA so set it to 480mA. Tks

Edit: I didn't select the mA when I ordered this, it was set on the default 250mA, please set it to 480mA

Last edited:

DTR

I went ahead and ordered the one with the three element lens just to have one. You recommend <500mA so set it to 480mA. Tks

Edit: I didn't select the mA when I ordered this, it was set on the default 250mA, please set it to 480mA

Hey I am sorry I just refunded you. I had this available for several days but I have been really wanting to try modding another for 1.8A so I just a little while a go decided to use it. I was getting some videos converted to post the info and I had a mental note to change the site(and should have before) I had not done it yet.:(

Here is the post I put up about an hour ago.:eek:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/2...1-8a-microboost-driver-72441.html#post1044305

DTR

I have a batch of microboosts that are supposed to be on the way let me check and I will give you an ETA.

jme

My bad.. I'm in no hurry, I'll wait till you get more.

Last edited:

DTR

My bad.. I'm in no hurry, I'll wait till you get more.

I should have edited the site before I started tinkering with it. Sorry about that. I will give you an update as soon as I hear it.;)

jme

No problem at all.. I saw you had one in stock so I jumped on it. :p

jakeGT

Just ordered my first Mitsu 635 diode from ya
I'm pumped to see a more powerful red!

gif

DTR, just quick couple of question
1. Should AR Coated Glass Lens be good for 1.6A output? build will be 455nm M140
2. Do i need G2 Glass Lens for 1.8A output or AR Coated Glass Lens can handle this as well? second build also be 455nm M140

PS: i know that G2 would be the best solution in either case, but i would like to get through this with bare minimum for now.

Thanks for reading

DTR

DTR, just quick couple of question
1. Should AR Coated Glass Lens be good for 1.6A output? build will be 455nm M140
2. Do i need G2 Glass Lens for 1.8A output or AR Coated Glass Lens can handle this as well? second build also be 455nm M140

PS: i know that G2 would be the best solution in either case, but i would like to get through this with bare minimum for now.

Thanks for reading

Both the G-2 and the three element lenses have AR coatings. AR coatings help reduce the reflection of certain wavelengths.

Either of the 445 lenses I offer will be fine with any power build. It is not really accurate to say either lens is better than the other as there is a trade off between the two so it comes down to your preference. While the G-2 passes more power than the three element lens the three element lens will have a lower divergence resulting in a smaller dot(line). The G-2 will have less splash as it gets closer to the diode to gather all the light were the three element lens cuts some of the sides off and they reflect in the housing creating some splash.:beer:

jakeGT

I think it was lazeerer who said g1/g2 lenses are better for high powered builds because there is less reflection(I think) back to the actual diode itself than with a 3 element glass, therefore reducing degradation/harm to the diode

IIRC- don't quote me on it

DTR

I don't remember seeing that. I have not experienced any problems but anything is possible. If the AR coating is as effective as the G-1/G-2 I am not sure why there would be reflections back at the diode. Now for sure the lost light in the three element lens is going somewhere but I assumed it was bouncing around in the lens barrel and being absorbed into it.:thinking:

gif

Both the G-2 and the three element lenses have AR coatings. AR coatings help reduce the reflection of certain wavelengths.

Either of the 445 lenses I offer will be fine with any power build. It is not really accurate to say either lens is better than the other as there is a trade off between the two so it comes down to your preference. While the G-2 passes more power than the three element lens the three element lens will have a lower divergence resulting in a smaller dot(line). The G-2 will have less splash as it gets closer to the diode to gather all the light were the three element lens cuts some of the sides off and they reflect in the housing creating some splash.:beer:

thanks for clarifying that, and great explanation, i was actually also wondering the difference between those lenses, which you have explained nicely.

I think i know what i need, i will PM you the details...also as you mentioned in your original post, its $6 international with no tracking correct? shipping to ontario, Canada.

THanks

jakeGT

Jordan- I'll have to check but I could have sworn lazeerer said something along those lines.
Like I said I could be wrong tho