Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR Laser Shop

G'Day all

I made an account just to post this

DTR's customer service is top notch.
I have bought nearly a dozen diodes off him so far, they have all been exactly as advertised except for 1. It had a defect with the lens which to be fair was probably the fault of a ham fisted postman somewhere along the chain and not anything to do with Jordan at all.
Regardless he offered to exchange it without any fuss, and even to send me out the new one at the same time as i post the old one to get me up and running quicker!

No good deed should go unpunished so i just wanted to give Jordan a quick shoutout here.

PS the N465 is gorgeous!

Hi,
Jordan is the best there is in the diode world bare none glad you enjoy his efforts .

Rich:)

Eracoy

I have always received nothing but the best from DTR. Eight of the colors down there in my signature are modules from him. Not only is he an invaluable resource to the community, but he is a nice, stand up business guy!

Last edited:

BobMc

Well placed shout-out! He's is a top notch seller. He's the go-to guy for laser diodes/ drivers etc. May he "prosper and be it good health."

( the n465 is gorgeous, I agree ). :)

Last edited:

Encap

Yes, DTR is a gem quality resource for the LPF community, for sure

there are others that are just as good the thing of it is Jordan just happens to be the biggest

GSS

Try to imagine where the forum would be without Jordan?
Would it still be here?
It's not just the diode's and products he sells to make a unit but the countless testing and advice he gives that makes it easier to buy from someone else even;)
Other than my 532's I believe every diode in the laser's I have came from him..
How many times have you watched one of his video's of a diode being put through its paces..I'm almost daily watching one..
Without him I see post after post of I "LED'd my diode, help me":eek: if even we were still here:beer:

Last edited:

Encap

there are others that are just as good the thing of it is Jordan just happens to be the biggest

What does that mean? In what way specifically do you mean that?

Name one?

Would it still be here?
It's not just the diode's and products he sells to make a unit but the countless testing and advice he gives that makes it easier to buy from someone else even;)
How many times have you watched one of his video's of a diode being put through its paces..I'm almost daily watching one..
Without him I see post after post of I "LED'd my diode, help me":eek: if even we were still here:beer:

Exactly.

Last edited:

GSS

I'm under the impression that Jordan works out of his house and not some big warehouse that things can get lost.:undecided:
It's like he lives and breaths to find new projector's and salvage them for us:crackup:
It would explain the almost instant shipping and fast response to all my questions:)

Last edited:

BobMc

Would it still be here?

I agree with Encap GSS, very well stated. :gj:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
^^^ Yes, I'm in agreement with you guys 100% on that! ^^^ :wave:

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, Jordan is a credit to this forum. Very much agree with the others. You don't realise how much work he has to put in just to give us our current vs power tests. I turned his data for the bdr-209 into a graph and he had taken 78 individual photos for just that one diode. That takes time to plot, let alone photograph every 10mA.
Also his customer service is top notch. I have bought many lasers of him, and not many would offer so many different options. With driver, with lens etc.
Good job Jordan. :beer:
And nice shout out Holtie43. +rep :)

That jordan happens to be the biggest supplier of diodes and heatsinks for the hobby. There is not ill entent there I respect DTR..

He does a lot for the hobby and the community.

But there are the host makers, people that design new divers for the hobby. That is all I was saying it just was not clearly stated

Last edited:
Yes, I agree 100% with you guys!!
I would be keep on purchasing from him even I would find same item cheaper elsewhere.
I can be absolutely confident and sure that I will get exactly what I have ordered. :beer:

Last edited: