Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dorcy Jr- Blu-Ray!!

Well, in some terms, yes. But, for example: A nova X100 uses the same voltage as a DX 10mW. I think it would work... The voltage wouldn't go up to high, you would just use 3.7 volt rechargeables and a 15 ohm resistor. But i don't really have experience with the Dorcy host. Maybe we should organize a donation where everyone (who wants to) donates a certain amount of money to fund for the supplies, and then someone with Dorcy experience can build one. Then we make a raffle with the people's names that gave money and whoever's name gets drawn gets to keep the 6X Dorcy. Now wouldn't that be cool?

Kenom

that is because the driver in the X-100 is a completely different unit than in a DX 10-mw.   Just because the batteries are the same doesn't mean the driver is. That's like saying a apple and a banana are the same cause they are both fruits.

I'm not going to say it won't work.  It may.  but considering I'm using anywhere from a 10-5 ohm resistor for the red's I doubt it will work with your 12-15ohm resistor

Well okay, if you say so... but that doesn't mean i won't try it! BTW, almost done with my dorcy NIR laser.

Um........... Of course :-/

Do you think it will work though? I know for a fact you could get it to run at 100mA, and you could solve the voltage problem like darkhorse did.