Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

Daedal

Congrats to DrLava for getting his GB off to a great and VERY quick start and finish. As you all know, as soon as the first GB was done, the planning for the second one was underway already due to the high demand. :D

Well... now as I have seen the kind on interest these ones have drawn so far, I will, again, be starting the BluRay GB with the same options as before...

You will find all the details on the website including the different purchasing options and detailed pricing of the units. Also, to combat the time delay in making the complete units, they will be prepared before-hand so that when the diodes arrive they will be available for a quick and easy departure from here...

So far the price is set to the same one Dr.Lava offered...

$27 a piece with shipping per order at $5 for domestic and $12 for international.

Additional options for your orders include:

• A salvaged diode placed in an AixiZ module and wires are soldered on for an additional $10
  • A complete laser for an additional $140
  • A kit for powering your laser which includes wires, AixiZ module, capacitor, resistor, potentiometer, regulator, 1N400X diode and the schematic for $20

All those interested please post in here and let me know... This will me a multi-forum GB (although currently only available on LPF) and thus I will try to keep the updated order list on the checkout page rather than on the forum.

Without further ado, the order page is available here:
http://pay.lasingpix.com/gpay-bluray.html

Regards;
DDL

Re: ***  BluRays again ;)  ***

nice :)
all of the diodes are sold in drlava't gb i bought the last 2 so this is a great place for people to pick up where they left off.

again thanks for doing this group buy,
Mitch

DDL --
These are too nice to pass on. I toasted one by a mistake. The second one works good too - even has a little heat :D

I'm in for another !!!!!

Mike

Daedal

Well... not sure if I have it on video, but I actually have had this BluRay diode pop a balloon at a couple feet, light a match almost instantly, and it even hurt my skin when the beam was focused down to a spot.

For laser-pointer CW operation though I do not suggest higher than 10mW of power. For my eBay sales I tune them to 5mW, and for here I tune them to 10mW. :) (The last units were tuned to between 10 and 12 mW.)

The lowest resistance I have needed in my LM317 setups was 29-Ohms to get 10mW and the highest I have used was 39-Ohms to get 12mW (freak unit... and for the lucky recipient... you know who you are :p)

Thanx all;
DDL

DDL --

I'm having trouble getting a correlation on the 405 power.

My IL 1400A meter gives me:

30 mA ---  9.4 mW
40 mA --- 18.8 mW

The Sper 840011 meter shows:

30 mA ---  12.3 mW
40 mA ---  29.0 mW

Lot of difference there but we're in the near UV areas of these meters.  I have no curve info for the LPM-1.  I'll try to get a reading with the thermo meter.

I agree -- I've popped a couple at 3' with mine.

Mike

Oooh me likes the "A salvaged diode placed in an AixiZ module and wires are soldered on for an additional $10" man, I can't help it, I'm gonna have to buy more. So does this GB end at 50 purchases?

drlava

Daedal, glad to see you're kicking it off again! there were a few a CPF that wanted in at the end, I can send them your way.
Mike, you sure do get around! give that coherent mod a try, I wonder if it would be accurate at this wavelength.

later, guys, I've got a lot of work to do.

Gazoo

Running at 40-47ma's, I have been able to see smoke waves coming from a floppy..it was about a foot away. But I don't run it that high...I have it running with ~35ma's. I don't see a huge difference in the brightness of the beam running at higher currents.

Daedal

Hemlock Mike said:
DDL --

I'm having trouble getting a correlation on the 405 power.

My IL 1400A meter gives me:

30 mA --- 9.4 mW
40 mA --- 18.8 mW

The Sper 840011 meter shows:

30 mA --- 12.3 mW
40 mA --- 29.0 mW

Lot of difference there but we're in the near UV areas of these meters. I have no curve info for the LPM-1. I'll try to get a reading with the thermo meter.

I agree -- I've popped a couple at 3' with mine.

Mike

I suppose a make-shift spec-sheet is in order? ;)

How about you and I fire up a power curve for these like the 200mW ones? ;D

I do notice though that just as Mike said... a little bit of extra power goes a VERY long way with these diodes... and the butter zone is very tight. I think a power curve for these would probably start at ~ 25mA and end at around 50mA... going any further will toast the diode... I already toasted one at 52mA... :(

--DDL

Daedal

styropyro said:
Oooh me likes the "A salvaged diode placed in an AixiZ module and wires are soldered on for an additional $10" man, I can't help it, I'm gonna have to buy more. So does this GB end at 50 purchases?

Maybe 50, maybe 100... I'm thinking of making them in bunches of 100 at a time so that we can get some good discounts on the long run. :)

I may soon start offering the ones that do not have the stacked diode and just the single 405nm as soon as they become available again... I haven't been able to find them anywhere lately... :(

--DDL

Daedal

drlava said:
Daedal, glad to see you're kicking it off again! there were a few a CPF that wanted in at the end, I can send them your way.
Mike, you sure do get around! give that coherent mod a try, I wonder if it would be accurate at this wavelength.

later, guys, I've got a lot of work to do.

That sounds excellent :)

Bring them over if they're interested... I'll be posting this on CPF and PL very soon. I just wanted to give you guys here a heads up on it already ;)

--DDL

Daedal

Gazoo said:
Running at 40-47ma's, I have been able to see smoke waves coming from a floppy..it was about a foot away. But I don't run it that high...I have it running with ~35ma's. I don't see a huge difference in the brightness of the beam running at higher currents.

In terms of what I see... the beam/dot makes no visible change past the ~10mA point after it starts lasing... The thermal meter does show a very steep curve nonetheless after that point though.

I do say though, it's NOT good to push them past that point. The best place to run these at is at around ~5-7mA past lasing threshold.

Given that fact, I'll start offering a test for the 'salvaged' diodes showing lasing threshold for ~$5 if anyone is interested. It gets on my nerves how sporadic these diodes are. I've had some last at around 30mA and one even around 50mA!! At first look I thought the diode was fried! ;D ::)

--DDL

I will be in for another 2.....my project list has got longer than my stock list:)

I will sort payment when you give the go.

Regards rog8811

T

timelord

I'll be in touch later on Skype Daedal ;)

Maybe you can do something with SenKat and his "LLC"?

Though, continuous GBs won't hurt - but I think it is about time you get some smokin' 250mW 405s! ;)

Y

yew.sir-name

I'm in for one. paypal plus 3% ?