Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does this laser look good or not

I'll recheck it, but no two laser diodes output the same power. I will also check it against other 2+ watt lasers I have. It's possible that I got an erroneous reading when I data logged it. I had been using it to check many specs on it and the diode may have needed to cool down more, but will check it again. I thought this was sold as a 1 watt laser. If it is driven at 1.6 watts, that isn't bad for the specs you claim.

tommy

actually it's not a 1w, even thor m 2 laser is not just 1w. i say 1w version previously is not an accurate saying, sorry about that. i will expect it can reach 2w or 1.8w on other LPM.

i check thor ultra 5w, it did reach 5w on LPM but if you look at the spot, the brightness have no differences between the 2w one.

Last edited:
tommy, I just got through rechecking the power on my Thor and it checked 1737 mW and checked it on my Scientech it was 1684 mW. I did a data stream on yours and a 2.2 watt that I built myself and it checked 2200 when I stoped the check at 40 seconds in. The Thor had a full 60 seconds. So, maybe you have some that do measure 2 watts, but this one does 1737 mW at best. I'm not dissatisfied. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Actually, It is closer to 1.6 watts as the last data logging I did I held the thermopile as close to the diode as possible. I know now that I added the heat from my hand to the measurement. Upon further examination of the lens assembly on my Thor, it appears to be a multi element lens as the divergence is just too good for a single element lens. I noticed this when comparing it to other 445nm laser I have. That would explain the discrepancy in the power output with mine over the 2+ watt versions. Mine has a very tight beam profile for a mulimode diode. In light of this, I am happy it is so tight, as I have plenty of these with G-2 lenses and like the tight beam profile over the extra 365 to 400 mW.

diachi

Thinking it should be here soon...

Forwarded for delivery NORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA 2:25 PM

Note: In DHL tracking, Yellowknife comes under "Northern Alberta, AB", even though we're in NWT, not AB.

Last edited:
Considering the postal service there, it should arrive in the next couple of days, if I had to hazard a guess.

tommy

Thinking it should be here soon...

Forwarded for delivery NORTHERN ALBERTA, AB - CANADA 2:25 PM

Note: In DHL tracking, Yellowknife comes under "Northern Alberta, AB", even though we're in NWT, not AB.

Great! Estimated Delivery on DHL website is Monday, this laser travel 5 countries lol china, dubai, germany, usa and canada. it should be faster but we met peak time accidentally. can't wait for your review.

I have a new review thread on this laser. I think it is fairly comprehensive. Have a look when you are able. :thanks:

GSS

Tommy, sorry but i'm noticing the prices have gone up on a few units since your intro.
What got me interested in for the Thor 532nm at 200mw was its $69 price which was about price of a 200mw 532 module on ebay..
Now it's priced at $120??

tommy

yeah, make some improvement of the driver and shipping service.

diachi

My unit has arrived, it's at the DHL place, got here yesterday. Went to collect then but they close before I finish work at 5PM :confused: :confused: (Seriously, they close at like 4PM or 4:30PM). Will collect later today.

Last edited:

tommy

that's faster than expect!!! how come they close at 4pm, that's an easy job, i want that job:san:

GSS

My unit has arrived, it's at the DHL place, got here yesterday. Went to collect then but they close before I finish work at 5PM :confused: :confused: (Seriously, they close at like 4PM or 4:30PM). Will collect later today.
:(:banghead: