Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does this laser look good or not

diachi

Order also placed and paid for. Hopefully this one doesn't take 3 months to show up! :D

It's supposed to be coming by DHL. I got a tracking number that same day, but it isn't active yet. I'm hoping to see mine by the end of the week, but we'll see. :beer:

diachi

It's supposed to be coming by DHL. I got a tracking number that same day, but it isn't active yet. I'm hoping to see mine by the end of the week, but we'll see. :beer:

Yeah, they said the same to be about DHL, that'll be nice. Have had the order confirmation but no tracking number yet. Hopefully later today.

--- Because you are a little new to all this.... I read that you are looking at lasers to send for review... nice..
however we know that in the past SOME sellers have sent review lasers that were 'cherry picked' --that means they produced a power NOT typical.. for this reason some reviewers will only test lasers purchased at random ( w/o anyone knowing it will be reviewed and tested) --to get one closer to the 'average' so its best to NOT send the very best-- in the past when cherry-picking has been done... in time, the forum will know if the average laser is NOT close to the best picks.. new owners will be expecting higher powers.... and when that does not happen-- we all hear about that and.... that does harm to the seller/maker.

I hope this is helpful.

Just now got my free laser. Some quick thoughts about it. The host is nice and solid. It came with two fully charged 26650 batteries inside it. The bottom of the host has a screw in/out threaded appliance to connect or disconnect the batteries and that is surely a nice surprise. The diode is pressed into what looks like a brass core. It could possibly be copper, but brass seems more likely. The threads for the lens are nice and smooth, but tight, with no slop at all. It has a bank of three LEDs on the opposite side of the switch to indicate the charge on the batteries, but I put them in my Opus BT-C3100 to confirm the charge on them. A quick push on the switch gives a lower output of the laser. Two quick pushes gives maximum output and a five second push puts it into SOS mode. More to come later. BTW, when you get your laser you need to remove the cardboard spacer in the tail cap to get contact with your batteries. So far, I think the diode in mine is an M140 as the power level on high is over 1.6 watts. It has a single element glass lens in the front adjustment assembly.

Last edited:

diachi

Just now got my free laser. Some quick thoughts about it. The host is nice and solid. It came with two fully charged 26650 batteries inside it. The bottom of the host has a screw in/out threaded appliance to connect or disconnect the batteries and that is surely a nice surprise. The diode is pressed into what looks like a brass core. It could possibly be copper, but brass seems more likely. The threads for the lens are nice and smooth, but tight, with no slop at all. It has a bank of three LEDs on the opposite side of the switch to indicate the charge on the batteries, but I put them in my Opus BT-C3100 to confirm the charge on them. A quick push on the switch gives a lower output of the laser. Two quick pushes gives maximum output and a five second push puts it into SOS mode. More to come later.

Damn, that was quick. Thanks for the brief review, looking forward to more.

Hopefully mine shows up tomorrow, if not it'll be some time next week.

Reactions: GSS
Yeah, I plan on doing a thorough review so it may not be today. But, it won't be long.

Did power readings on both powers and a spectrometer reading at 445nm in low power. I need to take some photos next, but I'm having problems with my Photobucket. It is freezing and won't allow me to resize anything, so I try to do it in my "Image Garden" app from Canon that came with my with my camera and/or printer. That is the part that is my biggest problem.

diachi

Did power readings on both powers and a spectrometer reading at 445nm in low power. I need to take some photos next, but I'm having problems with my Photobucket. It is freezing and won't allow me to resize anything, so I try to do it in my "Image Garden" app from Canon that came with my with my camera and/or printer. That is the part that is my biggest problem.

Ever used Imgur? The resizing options on there work well, set one axis and it'll automatically scale the other, hit save and you're done! Super quick and simple.

Ever used Imgur? The resizing options on there work well, set one axis and it'll automatically scale the other, hit save and you're done! Super quick and simple.

I believe i have, but it has been awhile. Do you need to link to an image like you do on Photobucket? I'll try it and see where it goes. Thanks.

tommy

--- Because you are a little new to all this.... I read that you are looking at lasers to send for review... nice..
however we know that in the past SOME sellers have sent review lasers that were 'cherry picked' --that means they produced a power NOT typical.. for this reason some reviewers will only test lasers purchased at random ( w/o anyone knowing it will be reviewed and tested)

I hope this is helpful.

i totally agree with you hakzaw1, that's somehow cheating. we send out randomly. the power is fixed, not just apply on this new laser, also apply on others. so we have no reasons to send a better one. but just curious what is the number on other different LPM.

Just now got my free laser.

pretty fast paul. is 445 and 450 the same thing? or just the deviation? some say 445nm, some claim 450, some even say 445-450nm. does it matter?

Damn, that was quick. Thanks for the brief review, looking forward to more.

Hopefully mine shows up tomorrow, if not it'll be some time next week.

yours should be by the middle of next week. no later than wednesday i guess.

Most diode manufactures state a single wavelength as the one the diode specrtos at. Any can change depending on how hard the diode is pushed, but no, 445nm is not 450nm. From what I've seen with the performance of this diode I believe it is a Nichia made 445nm that has been used in some projectors, especially in the past. Your 1 watt diode laser measured 1.6 watts on high power and 438mW in low power. Not bad at all. I love the laser. Also, thank you for the batteries. That was a welcomed surprise. I've been terribly busy today and haven't had time to put together the photos I want to show for it yet, but will get to it soon.

tommy

Most diode manufactures state a single wavelength as the one the diode specrtos at. Any can change depending on how hard the diode is pushed, but no, 445nm is not 450nm. F

thanks for your explanation paul. just want to make clear on the wavelength. take your time, no hurry:beer: and have interest on the output, compare with astralist's

tommy

i have already post his numbers. and i saw you mentioned 1.6w output, there's very interesting, his is 2w, i think the gap is a little bit big.

Last edited: