Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does LPF needs a new machinist?

Does LPF need a new machinist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We all need to learn to do for ourselves, sometimes it's the only way, and you will save a lot of money too.

50869d1460006888-does-lpf-needs-new-machinist-sany0363.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0363.JPG
    SANY0363.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
I gave it a YES! I think it's always a good idea to have more then a few host builders around the forum. Not only does it drive competition(which is good), but also let's member who wish to not build a host themselves the option to chose between many builders which they prefer :)

-Alex

SyKo

Hey mate, if your still machining in Aus mind sending me a few pics and prices of the main line of hosts your gonna be making (once you've ironed out the process)?

Best of luck to you.

Just checking, did you ask Sinner whether you could copy his Cypreus host? If you are making one for yourself it shouldnt be a problem, but if you are making them to sell you should ask his permission and offer royalties.:beer:

Last edited:
Hi,
I'll start by voting yes first of all and also you may want to start to learn about CAD drawings to promote your hosts, I'm very happy to hear your interest in machining it takes a lot of time and skills not an easy ride. Oh by the way Brass is an alloy to, it's not listed on the periodic table of elements. Good luck in your endeavors my man ..

Rich:)

I think it'd be cool to do a 1W green, or a high power blue build in a lightsaber type of host! But this mite just be because I'm a big nerd... :D
Gutting a toy just won't work with the heat dissipation you'd need.

just show me a picture and i'll give you a price quote.

:thinking: I'll have to do some research and get back to you. A lot of the designs that I've seen have these block like pieces on them, or just odd lines in general. So I'm gonna see what I can think up, that still falls in the realm of a realistic build.

sinner

Just checking, did you ask Sinner whether you could copy his Cypreus host? If you are making one for yourself it shouldnt be a problem, but if you are making them to sell you should ask his permission and offer royalties.:beer:

Thank you Grainde for the heads up.. I'm okay with decision of the general public, I've been extremely busy with work and making hosts is no longer a priority, I do have a bunch of hosts that i'll end up giving away soon. Good luck to Isaac.

Thank you Grainde for the heads up.. I'm okay with decision of the general public, I've been extremely busy with work and making hosts is no longer a priority, I do have a bunch of hosts that i'll end up giving away soon. Good luck to Isaac.

Oooh, dibs! lol :evil:

Rivem

I said yes.:D

If I can get the CNC lathe I talked about, we can definitely collaborate. I'll send you a message if I get it next week.

It's literally been years since I've purchased a host, but another machinist is always, always, great to have here.

diachi

Are those pictures all from Sinner or are some of those your own builds too?

diachi

I'd post your own pictures of your own stuff anyway - I'd personally be cautious of ordering or pre-ordering someone's product when they are using pictures of something produced by someone else and not their actual products.

Good luck buddy ! If you need some good ideas and someone to help you CAD designing I am always here :beer: