Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone here anodize?

Hello all!

In preparation for my next few builds I would like to go above and beyond what I normally would for my hosts. I get my hosts made by Electric Plasma and he does great lathe-work. But this time around I'd like to anodize these hosts as well. I'll still have EP making the host but I feel like these ones need more than just our standard metallic colors.

Would anyone here be able to offer anodizing services, or know a common service place that could do this for me? I've read some DIY posts on google but I don't think I have the right materials to do it myself.

If anyone here could help me out I'd love to work out a deal with you:)
Thanks for all your time:beer:

Encap

Hello all!

In preparation for my next few builds I would like to go above and beyond what I normally would for my hosts. I get my hosts made by Electric Plasma and he does great lathe-work. But this time around I'd like to anodize these hosts as well. I'll still have EP making the host but I feel like these ones need more than just our standard metallic colors.

Would anyone here be able to offer anodizing services, or know a common service place that could do this for me? I've read some DIY posts on google but I don't think I have the right materials to do it myself.

If anyone here could help me out I'd love to work out a deal with you:)
Thanks for all your time:beer:

There is an anodizing company nearby you--have you tried asking them for a quote?

Virginia Silver Plating Inc
3201a Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23607
(757) 244-3645

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
There is an anodizing company nearby you--have you tired asking them for a quote?

Virginia Silver Plating Inc
3201a Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23607
(757) 244-3645

That's actually just down the road from me. It seems to be a scrap yard of some sort now:thinking:

Or like a spare parts place.

Last edited:

Encap

That's actually just down the road from me. It seems to be a scrap yard of some sort now:thinking:

Or like a spare parts place.

Maybe give them a call --if they don't do anymore maybe they can point you to a place not too far away.

Maybe give them a call --if they don't do anymore maybe they can point you to a place not too far away.

If anyone else has ideas or is offering I am still open if this does not work out.

I still do periodic anodizing. Depends on how big your host is.

Usually around 12in long. I have 2-3 hosts I'm designing right now and I think the largest would be 14in long. They could all be broken down into their smaller components though.

Kenom

it's possible. They would for sure have to be broken down as the power supplies I used to have that are needed for larger pieces I sold not long ago.

Contact me on facebook as that's the easiest way for us to converse.

Ken "anodizers" Rowe

LPF member MrCrouse used to build hosts and anodize but retired now. I know, not helpful. We have this repeating story, someone comes along, builds some nice hosts and stops.... time passes, someone else comes, then stops.

Vision

LPF member MrCrouse used to build hosts and anodize but retired now. I know, not helpful. We have this repeating story, someone comes along, builds some nice hosts and stops.... time passes, someone else comes, then stops.

I feel both special and sad to own the last Ehgemus host.

I just wish he would build more, but I do have a dozen of his hosts :na: :na:

Hi
Instead of anodizing try powder coating it's very tough wontnneed all those chemicals. Eastwood sells a power coating kit for a good price . Thinking of getting my self one to coat some aluminum sinks in WL color

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Rich, funny you should mention Eastwood, I recently bought their 1hp, 2 speed buffer, and since then, I've gotten tons of emails regarding their powder coating equipment, it looks like pretty good stuff, I really like their buffer. :D

Edit: Speaking of Ehgemus's work, I've got an aluminum, copper, and brass little beauty that I put a NDG 7475 in; I'll have to show it one of these days.

Last edited:

Vision

I second this:D

I really wish I could've gotten one of the Ehg hosts that Alienlaser was selling a few months back.

I really would like maybe 1 or 2 because my current host is in need of repair and its taking a whole lot to even send it out of country.