Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Does anyone here anodize?

Dozen?! Any pics? You thinking of selling any?

Don't plan on selling any, besides, they are all in Alaska in storage while I am in Iraq. This shows some of them:

output_h9GL4F.gif

Oh yeah I remember those. I still plan on building that giant arc reactor laser in the near future.

Hi BT,
i am really interested in the powder coating from them Aluminum takes it well. But just imagine a cooper sink with a color, it would take away from the copper shine but the sinking would still be there..
Oh and speaking of Harold i have quite a few of his hosts also, they are nice and there just hanging around..

Rich:)

Hi Arctic,
I watch the video and all i can says awesome i have all the items described , going to try to anodize some aluminum heat sinks

Thanks Rich:)

Hi Arctic,
I watch the video and all i can says awesome i have all the items described , going to try to anodize some aluminum heat sinks

Thanks Rich:)

This is quite good method to "soft" anodizing aluminium. If you need "Hard" anodizing for your parts I suggest to find some professional to do that.

-Harder aluminum alloys may require more Amp's.
-Some dye colors work better than other's.

Some of Dylon Dye's that are known to be good: Ebony Black, Fluorescent Yellow and Forest Green

Always use proper protective gear, goggles, gloves etc
and NEVER ANODIZE ALUMINIUM INDOORS!

:)

PS.
Boil your colored parts at least 1 hour

Last edited:
Hi ,
Ok awesome information pal going to try this out should be great if it works out bring some WL colors to the heat sinks especially the 510 adapters

Rich:)

Back