Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you like fireworks

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Cool video!
Thanks for sharing, Jeff. We always enjoy your pyro pics and videos! :D

PS - Nice to see you around again! :yh:

BobMc

A couple of "4th of July's" ago I had the opportunity to spend it with a friends family up in Idaho where it's legal to fire off fire works. Forgot just how fun they can be. Had a great time. Yep, I love firework, thanks for trailer Flaminpyro, looking forward to the full video. :gj:

You gotta be having loads of fun! :bowdown:

Nice, now back to reality, Are all your mini boost drivers stock finished, for that matter all your Angelos drivers are you restocking or the source is dried up!

vk2fro

Its a shame we can't get fireworks over here - they used to be fun - but sadly like morons with lasers shooting them at planes, they've been banned - probably because parents didn't supervise kids with them, which lead to blown off fingers/burns/injured pets. Not to mention people blowing up neighbours letterboxes!

What I used to do was take one of the big sky rockets, tape po-ha's to it, and light the po-ha's and rocket at the same time (aerosol can and a lighter). The rocket would go up, banging along the way as the po-ha's exploded, and usually the rocket's display piece didn't work right because the rocket had holes blown in it :)

Another trick was to cut wings/rotor blades from an ice cream tub and attach them to a catherine wheel. Drive a nail through a bit of wood, an put it on the ground, pointy bit up. Sit the catherine wheel on it, light it off, and it would quite often (if the wings were angled right) turn into a giant ufo or bumble bee (the things you lit on the ground and they took off into the night sky with a whiz.)

The last trick (and this one is super dangerous, don't try this at home!) would be to get a couple of packs of the grey sparklers, wrap them in foil then 2 or 3 rolls of electrical tape. Stick it in a hole in the gound, and one sparkler would be the fuse. Light it and run like buggery. It would either turn into a massive spakler fountain or (more often) explode with a earth shaking kaboom. FSSSSSSSHHHHH KABOOM! :)

That last one you could easily devistate a letterbox with because it easily made short work of dead whitegoods!

Last edited:
fireworks are cool, except for when the smoke from the show starts to block them out like it did at the show i went to on the 4th this year

Benm

Yeah, i like fireworks, and in the netherlands it's traditional to light up some small ones yourself at new years midnight.

Consumer fireworks are very limited in the amount of powder they can contain though, so they are not really specactular, it's just part of fun and tradition to set off firecrackers, little fountains, and small rockets.

Larger pyrotechnics are not allowed to be sold consumers here, so there is no way you could legally set off a nice shell or anything like that yourself. That said there are illegal imports of such shells and those sometimes lead to very dangerous situations.

The worst cases are when people get a shell with a lift charge attached, but not actually put it in a launching tube so it flies/spins off instead in some random direction across the ground instead of up in the air and then explodes the main charge.

I have enjoyed many fireworks spectacles over the years.....usually on the 4th of July. Nice to see you back here again. It's far too seldom we get to see you here. Thanks for the preview.

Benm

It's funny how it's very much a july 4th thing in the states, and in de rest of the world it's newyears eve (the date can obviously vary, chinese new year is not western new year etc).

Setting off consumer fireworks is only permitted here on new years eve though, unless you get a permit or they are -really- small (i.e. suitable for children).